Old 04-03-2011, 04:14 AM
E-mailForMaillists

Default Problem with session.el in emacs-goodies-el, Debian whzzey AMD64

** The problem
I used Debian whzzey AMD64. After I add the following in my ~/.emacs,
the session.el is not work
(require 'session)
(add-hook 'after-init-hook 'session-initialize)

If it works, we will find "Open resently ... changed" and
"Open resently ... visited" under the File menu.**

** Solution
I downloaded the new version session.el, version 2.3, in
http://emacs-session.sourceforge.net . And add

(add-to-list 'load-path "~/.emacs.d/lisp")
(require 'session)
(add-hook 'after-init-hook 'session-initialize)

in the ~/.emacs. Now it works.

** What is wrong?
I notices that session.el in /usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/emacs-goodies-el/
is version 2.2a. So, as a test,* I downloaded session.el v2.2a in
http://emacs-session.sourceforge.net,* and put it in ~/.emacs.d/lisp.
I find it works also.

By using vimdiff, it is easy to find the file, session.el* in
ema
cs-goodies-el, is
not the same as the other one, sessen.el b 2.2a,* downloaded in sourceforge.net.

** More
Is it a bug, or my mistake in configuration?

Thanks

Respect others.
***** This is a civil discussion forum.
***** Remember, the person
on the other side of the keyboard is a person too,
***** and is probably
well-intentioned.
Try to keep discussions on-topic.
Think before sending.
Bottom post and trim irrelevant parts of earlier replies.

from:http://www.haskell.org/haskellwiki/Mailing_lists