Old 04-03-2011, 04:02 AM
ZHAO Lina

Default wheezy downloading

Hi,

From which links I can download wheezy or sid?

BTW, do I really necessary to burn 8 DVD to install the stable version (p.s no internet connection).

Thanks,

lina

Old 04-03-2011, 04:18 AM
Ron Johnson

On 04/02/2011 11:02 PM, ZHAO Lina wrote:

Hi,

From which links I can download wheezy or sid?

I don't think there's such a thing as a Sid ISO, since it's always in flux.

Regarding links, are you asking where "the" link is, or are you asking
where is the one that's closest to you? In either case, Google Is Your
Friend. First choice when Googling "Debian testing iso".

BTW, do I really necessary to burn 8 DVD to install the stable version
(p.s no internet connection).

To *install* it? No. You only *need* the first disk. But w/o an
Internet connection, you should think about burning more than disk 1.

corrupt."

Archive: 4D97F506.80904@cox.net">http://lists.debian.org/4D97F506.80904@cox.net

Old 04-03-2011, 04:29 AM
wolf python london

On 3 April 2011 12:18, Ron Johnson <ron.l.johnson@cox.net> wrote:
> On 04/02/2011 11:02 PM, ZHAO Lina wrote:
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> *From which links I can download wheezy or sid?
>>

> I don't think there's such a thing as a Sid ISO, since it's always in flux.
>
> Regarding links, are you asking where "the" link is, or are you asking where
> is the one that's closest to you? *In either case, Google Is Your Friend.
> *First choice when Googling "Debian testing iso".

+1. but the testing iso cannot be downloaded in a chinese site( the
repos site in China only have stabel(squeeze) iso.)

links:
http://cdimage.debian.org/cdimage/weekly-builds/

>> BTW, do I really necessary to burn 8 DVD to install the stable version
>> (p.s no internet connection).
>>

> To *install* it? *No. *You only *need* the first disk. *But w/o an Internet
> connection, you should think about burning more than disk 1.

you can burn only 1st iso , and then download all other ISOs,
after installing the Debian , mount the iso and install packages from
HARD DISK.

Old 04-03-2011, 04:40 AM
ZHAO Lina

Further question,

For the downloaded three

let's say,

DVD-1. iso* DVD-1.jigdo** DVD-1.template

Which one I need to burn on DVD, all of the three or only .iso

Thanks,

lina

Old 04-03-2011, 04:41 AM
ZHAO Lina

debian-6.0.1a-amd64-DVD-1.jigdo 22-Mar-2011 17:12 115K

debian-update-6.0.1a-amd64-DVD-1.jigdo 22-Mar-2011 17:24 14K

which one is better?

the DVD-1 or the updated one?
Thanks,

lina

Old 04-03-2011, 04:48 AM
wolf python london

On 3 April 2011 12:40, ZHAO Lina <lnzhao99@gmail.com> wrote:
> Further question,
>
> For the downloaded three
>
> let's say,
>
> DVD-1. iso* DVD-1.jigdo** DVD-1.template
>
> Which one I need to burn on DVD, all of the three or only .iso

jigdo doesn't contain the real data of iso ,it's just a way to get the data .
iso is ok !

Old 04-03-2011, 05:06 AM
Ron Johnson

On 04/02/2011 11:29 PM, wolf python london wrote:

On 3 April 2011 12:18, Ron Johnson<ron.l.johnson@cox.net> wrote:

On 04/02/2011 11:02 PM, ZHAO Lina wrote:

[snip]

BTW, do I really necessary to burn 8 DVD to install the stable version
(p.s no internet connection).

To *install* it? No. You only *need* the first disk. But w/o an Internet
connection, you should think about burning more than disk 1.

you can burn only 1st iso , and then download all other ISOs,
after installing the Debian , mount the iso and install packages from
HARD DISK.

True, if the computer is near the Internet connection. If not, he'll
need blank DVDs or an external USB drive.

corrupt."

Archive: 4D980072.1090804@cox.net">http://lists.debian.org/4D980072.1090804@cox.net

Old 04-07-2011, 08:01 PM
Andrei Popescu

On Sb, 02 apr 11, 23:18:14, Ron Johnson wrote:

> I don't think there's such a thing as a Sid ISO, since it's always in flux.

True, but one can install sid directly by using expert mode (or boot
with 'priority=medium') and select sid as the target.

If installing sid is all that is needed the business-card iso would save
one from downloading unneeded stuff.

Regards,
Andrei