Old 02-08-2008, 09:27 PM
"Michael D. Norwick"

Default Grub Boot Error on Lenny

Raj Kiran Grandhi wrote:

Schiz0 wrote:

I have Lenny running on a laptop. I selected to use grub version 2
when it prompted me (back when I first installed grub).

I just now updated my apt sources and ran a upgrade. It upgraded the
grub package, and I rebooted.

Now, after the bios tests, the text "Grub loading kernel" flashes up
for about a second. Then I get an endless flood of the text "invalid
command" or something like that (it scrolls by way too fast).

How can I fix this?

Please post your menu.lst file

Alternatively, replace the menu.lst file with an example file after
making the appropriate changes specific to your system.
Please see the post I just made entitled "Re: Success: Grub2 on Dell
Optiplex".

#>/etc/grub-install /dev/hda
and
#>/etc/update-grub

from a Debian boot CD.

Michael

Old 02-09-2008, 01:40 AM
Schiz0

I have Lenny running on a laptop. I selected to use grub version 2
when it prompted me (back when I first installed grub).

I just now updated my apt sources and ran a upgrade. It upgraded the
grub package, and I rebooted.

Now, after the bios tests, the text "Grub loading kernel" flashes up
for about a second. Then I get an endless flood of the text "invalid
command" or something like that (it scrolls by way too fast).

How can I fix this?

Thanks for your time,
~Steve

Old 02-09-2008, 02:45 AM
Jerome BENOIT

I observed the same here

--
Jerome BENOIT
jgmbenoit_at_mailsnare_dot_net

Old 02-09-2008, 03:15 PM
Schiz0

On Feb 8, 2008 5:27 PM, Michael D. Norwick <mnorwick@centurytel.net> wrote:
> Raj Kiran Grandhi wrote:
> > Schiz0 wrote:
> >> I have Lenny running on a laptop. I selected to use grub version 2
> >> when it prompted me (back when I first installed grub).
> >>
> >> I just now updated my apt sources and ran a upgrade. It upgraded the
> >> grub package, and I rebooted.
> >>
> >> Now, after the bios tests, the text "Grub loading kernel" flashes up
> >> for about a second. Then I get an endless flood of the text "invalid
> >> command" or something like that (it scrolls by way too fast).
> >>
> >> How can I fix this?
> >
> > Please post your menu.lst file
> >
> > Alternatively, replace the menu.lst file with an example file after
> > making the appropriate changes specific to your system.
> Please see the post I just made entitled "Re: Success: Grub2 on Dell
> Optiplex".
>
> #>/etc/grub-install /dev/hda
> and
> #>/etc/update-grub
>
> from a Debian boot CD.
>
> Michael

That fixed the problem. Thank you for your time.