Old 04-02-2011, 08:14 AM
Michael Thompson

Default Android / Rythymbox

I hope someone here can help; I cant see my Android handset in any
media player, so cant sync to it.

It is visible as a mounted drive in gnome, and I can access it without
issue. However Rythmbox, banshee et all will not show it. And I dont
have a clue where to start to see why. Anyone come across this before?

I'm running Debian stable.

Old 04-04-2011, 10:28 PM
Pete V

On Sat, 2011-04-02 at 09:14 +0100, Michael Thompson wrote:
> I hope someone here can help; I cant see my Android handset in any
> media player, so cant sync to it.
>
> It is visible as a mounted drive in gnome, and I can access it without
> issue. However Rythmbox, banshee et all will not show it. And I dont
> have a clue where to start to see why. Anyone come across this before?
>
> I'm running Debian stable.

I do this to manage my android phone's music: when asked by Gnome if I
want to open the device with a program, I select other >>>rhythmbox
after that it starts importing my songs in rhythmbox, that easy really.

so, you think it's a bug?

what version of rhythmbox do you use, mine is o.13.1 .

Old 04-05-2011, 03:05 PM
Peter Beck

On Sat, 2011-04-02 at 09:14 +0100, Michael Thompson wrote:
> It is visible as a mounted drive in gnome, and I can access it without
> issue. However Rythmbox, banshee et all will not show it. And I dont
> have a clue where to start to see why. Anyone come across this
> before?

I've had a similar issue some time ago and my solution was to add a file
to the usb storage root directory called ".is_audio_player".

inside this file you can configure the folder for the audio files, for
example:

audio_folders=music/
folder_depth=2

Songs will be synchronized to usbstorage/Music/Artist/Album
(folder depth 2 will create the folder 'Artist' with subfolder 'Album'

hope that helps
Cheers
Peter

--
Wer die Freiheit aufgibt um Sicherheit zu gewinnen,
der wird am Ende beides verlieren.