FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
» Video Reviews

» Linux Archive

Linux-archive is a website aiming to archive linux email lists and to make them easily accessible for linux users/developers.


» Sponsor

» Partners

» Sponsor

Go Back   Linux Archive > Debian > Debian User

 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
 
Old 04-01-2011, 05:02 PM
D G Teed
 
Default Why policyd from 2007 in squeeze?

The version of policyd in squeeze is showing a version number 1.82.
The files in the tar from that version of the project show dates of 2007.

Does anyone know of reasons Debian Squeeze is holding back on
the move to the 2.0 version?* I understand it is a re-write - is the upgrade

path the only concern, or are there reasons to expect 2.0 needs time
to mature or become more stable?

In many other cases like this, Debian would provide both versions,
and allow the legacy cases to be supported, while new deployments

could opt for the newer version.

--Donald
 
Old 04-01-2011, 05:18 PM
Camaleón
 
Default Why policyd from 2007 in squeeze?

On Fri, 01 Apr 2011 14:02:41 -0300, D G Teed wrote:

> The version of policyd in squeeze is showing a version number 1.82. The
> files in the tar from that version of the project show dates of 2007.
>
> Does anyone know of reasons Debian Squeeze is holding back on the move
> to the 2.0 version? I understand it is a re-write - is the upgrade path
> the only concern, or are there reasons to expect 2.0 needs time to
> mature or become more stable?
>
> In many other cases like this, Debian would provide both versions, and
> allow the legacy cases to be supported, while new deployments could opt
> for the newer version.

Hum... there was a wishlist bug:

postfix-policyd: Please package version 2.x
http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=561085

Maybe you can add yourself to it and ask for additional information on
the matter (foreseen date for the package to be included, if they need
help/volunteers to test the new packages, etc...)

Greetings,

--
Camaleón


--
To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@lists.debian.org
with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact listmaster@lists.debian.org
Archive: pan.2011.04.01.17.18.24@gmail.com">http://lists.debian.org/pan.2011.04.01.17.18.24@gmail.com
 
Old 04-01-2011, 06:52 PM
D G Teed
 
Default Why policyd from 2007 in squeeze?

On Fri, Apr 1, 2011 at 2:18 PM, Camaleón <noelamac@gmail.com> wrote:



Hum... there was a wishlist bug:



postfix-policyd: Please package version 2.x

http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=561085



Maybe you can add yourself to it and ask for additional information on

the matter (foreseen date for the package to be included, if they need

help/volunteers to test the new packages, etc...)



Greetings,



--

Camaleón



OK thanks, it is now in sid and wheezy as package postfix-cluebringer

Strange name for something expected to be deployed in
this role.* Policyd was better.


--Donald
 
Old 04-01-2011, 07:02 PM
Ron Johnson
 
Default Why policyd from 2007 in squeeze?

On 04/01/2011 01:52 PM, D G Teed wrote:

On Fri, Apr 1, 2011 at 2:18 PM, Camaleón<noelamac@gmail.com> wrote:



Hum... there was a wishlist bug:

postfix-policyd: Please package version 2.x
http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=561085

Maybe you can add yourself to it and ask for additional information on
the matter (foreseen date for the package to be included, if they need
help/volunteers to test the new packages, etc...)



OK thanks, it is now in sid and wheezy as package postfix-cluebringer

Strange name for something expected to be deployed in
this role. Policyd was better.



But "policyd" is a monumentally generic name. postfix-policyd would
have worked, I guess.


--
"Neither the wisest constitution nor the wisest laws will secure
the liberty and happiness of a people whose manners are universally
corrupt."
Samuel Adams, essay in The Public Advertiser, 1749


--
To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@lists.debian.org
with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact listmaster@lists.debian.org

Archive: 4D96215E.6010202@cox.net">http://lists.debian.org/4D96215E.6010202@cox.net
 

Thread Tools




All times are GMT. The time now is 10:24 AM.

VBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2007, Crawlability, Inc.
Copyright ©2007 - 2008, www.linux-archive.org