Old 03-31-2011, 09:49 PM
James Allsopp

Default Installing Joomla on Debian

Hi,
I want to install Joomla 1.6 on Debian, but am wondering why most
instructions on the internet include Xampp. I don't think I need this as
I already have apache2, mysql and php5 installed. If I installed xampp,
would this cause conflicts with the existing installed software?

Any help or pointers greatly appreciated,
Jim

Old 03-31-2011, 09:54 PM
Silvio Siefke

Am 31.03.2011 23:49, schrieb James Allsopp:
> Hi,
> I want to install Joomla 1.6 on Debian, but am wondering why most
> instructions on the internet include Xampp. I don't think I need this as
> I already have apache2, mysql and php5 installed. If I installed xampp,
> would this cause conflicts with the existing installed software?

http://help.joomla.org/content/category/15/99/132/

Silvio

Old 04-01-2011, 07:07 AM
Paul van der Vlis

Op 31-03-11 23:49, James Allsopp schreef:
> Hi,
> I want to install Joomla 1.6 on Debian, but am wondering why most
> instructions on the internet include Xampp. I don't think I need this as
> I already have apache2, mysql and php5 installed.

You are right.

> If I installed xampp,
> would this cause conflicts with the existing installed software?

Yes.

> Any help or pointers greatly appreciated,

You don't need Xampp. And if you install it, you cannot use the Debian
security updates so you have to install new versions every time by hand.

I wonder why people are advising this. Maybe because they like a way
what is identical on all operating systems.

With regards,
Paul van der Vlis.

--
http://www.vandervlis.nl/