Old 03-31-2011, 06:34 PM

Default Composite video from a Compaq Armada e500 to a Panasonic flat TV.

Folk,

I've connected the composite video output from a Compaq Armada e500
to a Panasonic flat TV. The display on the TV works for the COMPAQ
logo, the BIOS, and the console startup messages. When X takes over,
the TV appears to lose sync. Nothing helpful is evident in the BIOS
of the Armada. I can hunt for the manual for the TV.

Any ideas on finding a resolution and refresh rate in X that will
give the TV an acceptable signal? Another setting in X? Is a sync
adjustment in the menu of the Panasonic likely to solve it? Is a
trim pot. in the Panasonic likely to need adjusting?

Thanks, ... Peter E.

--
Telephone 1 360 450 2132.

Old 04-02-2011, 09:12 AM
Andrei Popescu

On Jo, 31 mar 11, 10:34:33, peasthope@shaw.ca wrote:

> Any ideas on finding a resolution and refresh rate in X that will
> give the TV an acceptable signal? Another setting in X? Is a sync
> adjustment in the menu of the Panasonic likely to solve it? Is a
> trim pot. in the Panasonic likely to need adjusting?

You should know the drill: /var/log/Xorg.0.log and xorg.conf at a
minimum

Regards,
Andrei