Old 03-31-2011, 06:21 PM

Default Serial connection; was Serial Connection -- shielding

Abbass,

From: MAROUNI Abbass <abbass.marouni@internetmemory.org>
Date: Thu, 31 Mar 2011 15:14:07 +0200
> I am still not convinced that the serial cable might have different ends
> if it's a standard null modem cable, ...

You haven't ruled out a broken conductor where you can't see it.
And there are other cables with the appearance of a DE-9 null
modem. I have such a cable with special wiring for a connection
to a UPS.

> ... so I don't think that reversing the ends between the two servers might help.

15 minutes of work and you will be certain.

Regards, ... Peter E.

--
Telephone 1 360 450 2132.