Old 03-31-2011, 02:52 PM
Brandon Metcalf

Default flush-8:0

We have an application that processes a great deal of Apache requests
resulting in a lot of log activity. After upgrading from Lenny,

# uname -a
Linux fq54 2.6.26-2-amd64 #1 SMP Thu Sep 16 15:56:38 UTC 2010 x86_64 GNU/Linux

where pdflush is used, to Squeeze

# uname -a
Linux fq53 2.6.32-5-amd64 #1 SMP Mon Mar 7 21:35:22 UTC 2011 x86_64 GNU/Linux

flush-8:0 is running quite often and disk I/O utilization is at 100%
resulting in a high load. flush-8:0 spends much of its time in
uninterruptible sleep or run and it's during this time that disk
utilization is pegged. Under Lenny running the same application,
pdflush is almost always in sleep state and utilization is very low.

Any ideas of what I can look at or tune? Thanks.