Old 03-30-2011, 04:22 PM

Default Null modem cable; was Re (2): Serial Connection -- shielding

Abbass,

> I migth need to check the cables but I think it's the standard Null modem.

Yes, check the cable wiring with an ohmeter. All the hope in the
world won't help. As Stephen said,
> You need to find out
> *exactly* how your cross-over cable or null modem is wired. There may
> be some asymmetry in the wiring that causes the cable to behave differently
> in opposite directions. The wiring should be symmetrical ...

Symmetrical from end to end. Study this article, check the cable
with an ohmeter and sketch the wiring to be sure.
"http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Null_modem"

Regards, ... Peter E.

--
Telephone 1 360 450 2132.