Old 03-30-2011, 02:58 PM
Hendrik Boom

Default What temporary space does aptitude use?

When aptitude is upgrading a system, it first downloads a whole lot of
packages into cache, and then installs them. This means there has to be
enough disk spoace somewhere for both the old system and the downloaded
packages.

I need to ensure that I reserve enough space for the lenny->squeeze
upgrade.

In which file system does it place this probably huge cache?

Is there other temporary space usage I need to watch out for?

-- hendrik