Old 03-30-2011, 06:15 AM
Mihamina Rakotomandimby

Default bluetooh usb

Hi all,

I would like to add bluetooh to my bluetooth-less laptop.
I thought about these:
http://www.google.com/search?q=bluetooth+usb+dongle

Is there someone using such a thing?
Which brand/model to avoid or advise?

--
RMA.

Old 03-30-2011, 06:29 AM
Klistvud

Dne, 30. 03. 2011 08:15:15 je Mihamina Rakotomandimby napisal(a):

Hi all,

I would like to add bluetooh to my bluetooth-less laptop.
I thought about these:
http://www.google.com/search?q=bluetooth+usb+dongle

Is there someone using such a thing?
Which brand/model to avoid or advise?

I can advise the Canyon CNR-BTUS. At the time, some six month ago, it
was the smallest I could find -- it hardly sticks out from the USB port
at all. Coincidentally, it was also the cheapest I could find! It works
seamlessly under Squeeze and lsusb describes it as:

Bus 005 Device 002: ID 1131:1004 Integrated System Solution Corp.
Bluetooth Device

P.S.
I always strongly advise against *anything* branded Belkin -- for no
other reason but a personal grudge of mine, arising from past
experiences and from their utter disregard for the GNU/Linux platform.

--
Cheerio,

Klistvud
http://bufferoverflow.tiddlyspot.com