Old 03-30-2011, 12:16 AM
Mark

Default Synthesizer software in Squeeze

Hi,

I am looking into the available packages in Squeeze to use for composing a musical score for a short film and after searching the list of packages here (http://packages.debian.org/squeeze/sound/), "bristol" and "zynaddsubfx" seem to be the best candidates.* Does anyone have experience using these, or have a suggestion for a better software package?

Thank you,
Mark

Old 04-01-2011, 03:31 PM
Larry Holish

On Tue, Mar 29, 2011 at 05:16:59PM -0700, Mark wrote:
> I am looking into the available packages in Squeeze to use for composing a
> musical score for a short film and after searching the list of packages here (
> http://packages.debian.org/squeeze/sound/), "bristol" and "zynaddsubfx" seem to
> be the best candidates. Does anyone have experience using these, or have a
> suggestion for a better software package?

Have a look at yoshimi, a software synthesizer based on ZynAddSubFX.
It's generally more stable and actively developed.

Others that I use that might suit your purpose:

qsynth/fluidsynth
aeolus
lmms
hydrogen

--
Larry Holish
<larry@holish.net>

Old 04-02-2011, 04:05 AM
Mark

Have a look at yoshimi, a software synthesizer based on ZynAddSubFX.

It's generally more stable and actively developed.

Others that I use that might suit your purpose:

qsynth/fluidsynth

aeolus

lmms

hydrogen

Cool, thanks Larry!* Will check those suggestions out.

Mark