Old 03-29-2011, 12:02 AM
Joel Roth

Default Console news aggregator: snownews with atom2rss

I'm having trouble getting snownews to accept an atom feed.
I found an atom-to-rss converter here:

http://kiza.kcore.de/software/snownews/snowscripts/extensions/script/atom2rss/

Here is test code for a filter:

curl http://blogs.perl.org/atom.xml | xsltproc ~/.snownews/atom2rss.xml -

This gives me an RDF document (see below, items pruned to one)

Now I try to do this in snownews entry for the URL using
the 'e' command. Re-reading the feed with 'r' shows nothing,
although there's a delay that suggests content was
downloaded, if nothing else.

(Canto would be my next choice, except that the default colors suck,
and I'm having trouble finding a suitable terminal and
locale.)

Thanks.

Joel

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<rdf:RDF xmlns:rdf="http://www.w3.org/1999/02/22-rdf-syntax-ns#" xmlns:atom="http://www.w3.org/2005/Atom" xmlns:dc="http://purl.org/dc/elements/1.1/" xmlns="http://purl.org/rss/1.0/">
<channel rdf:about="">
<title>blogs.perl.org</title>
<link>http://blogs.perl.org/</link>
<description/>
<items>
<rdf:Seq>
<rdf:li rdf:resource="tag:blogs.perl.org,2011:/users/nigel_metheringham//474.1597"/>
</rdf:Seq>
</items>
</channel>
<item rdf:about="tag:blogs.perl.org,2011:/users/nigel_metheringham//474.1597">
<title>HTML::Scrubber maintainership</title>
<link>http://blogs.perl.org/users/nigel_metheringham/2011/03/htmlscrubber-maintainership.html</link>
<dc:creator>Nigel Metheringham</dc:creator>
</item>
</rdf:RDF>

--
Joel Roth