Old 03-28-2011, 02:39 AM
Scott Ferguson

Default You touched one of my pet peeves (was dpkg: syntax error)(is now OOT)

On 28/03/11 13:12, Ron Johnson wrote:

> You touched one of my pet peeves

Thanks - I assure you it was unintentional, I have now washed my hands
and disinfected the keyboard.

:-)

> On 03/27/2011 08:35 PM, Scott Ferguson wrote:

<snipped>

>> Is the double backslashes a clue?
>>

> That's a double *slash*. The backslash (on my US "small <Enter>" kb) is
> under the pipe.
>
> We know this because typewriter keyboards only had one such key and so
> Lower Left To Upper Right became the "slash" key. When IBM added
> another key, that new key became the backslash.

I'm happy to take your word for it.
Was there a "pacific" link I should read....?

--
Tuttle? His name's Buttle.
There must be some mistake.