Old 03-27-2011, 08:56 PM
John Culleton

Default Cmake on Knoppix

Knoppix is a Debian derivative so I am asking here. I want to compile
svn versions of programs such as Scribus. Scribus has switched from
conventional ./configure, make, make install sequence to a cmake based
system. I can't seem to be able to download cmake using apt-get. Is it
cataloged under another name?
--
John Culleton
Create Book Covers with Scribus:

Old 03-27-2011, 09:44 PM
Chris Brennan

Knoppix is a Debian derivative so I am asking here. I want to compile

svn versions of programs such as Scribus. Scribus has switched from

conventional ./configure, make, make install sequence to a cmake based

system. I can't seem to be able to download cmake using apt-get. Is it

cataloged under another name?

--

John Culleton

Create Book Covers with Scribus:

http://www.booklocker.com/books/4055.html
A quick search revealed this ...
root@debian:~# aptitude search cmake

p * cmake * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * - a cross-platform, open-source make systemp * cmake-curses-gui * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *- curses based user interface for CMake (ccmake)

p * cmake-data * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *- CMake data files (modules, templates and documentation)p * cmake-dbg * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * - debugging symbols for CMake

p * cmake-doc * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * - extended documentation in various formats for CMakev * cmake-gui * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * -p * cmake-qt-gui * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *- Qt4 based user interface for CMake (cmake-gui)

p * icmake * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *- Intelligent C-like MAKEr, or the ICce MAKE utilityp * icmake-doc * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *- Documenation files for icmake

root@debian:~#*aptitude download cmakeGet:1 http://ftp.debian.org/debian/ testing/main cmake amd64 2.8.4+dfsg.1-2 [4,247 kB]Fetched 4,247 kB in 13s (325 kB/s)

root@debian:~#*
--
Did you know...
If you play a Windows 2000 CD backwards, you hear satanic messages,

but what's worse is when you play it forward....
...it installs Windows 2000
-- Alfred Perlstein on chat at freebsd.org

Old 03-27-2011, 09:55 PM
Wayne Topa

Knoppix is a Debian derivative so I am asking here. I want to compile
svn versions of programs such as Scribus. Scribus has switched from
conventional ./configure, make, make install sequence to a cmake based
system. I can't seem to be able to download cmake using apt-get. Is it
cataloged under another name?

~$ apt-cache search cmake
cmake-curses-gui - curses based user interface for CMake (ccmake)
cmake-data - CMake data files (modules, templates and documentation)
cmake-dbg - debugging symbols for CMake
cmake-doc - extended documentation in various formats for CMake
cmake-qt-gui - Qt4 based user interface for CMake (cmake-gui)
cmake - a cross-platform, open-source make system

HTH
WT

Archive: 4D8FB24E.6030304@gmail.com">http://lists.debian.org/4D8FB24E.6030304@gmail.com

Old 03-28-2011, 12:47 AM
Scott Ferguson

On 28/03/11 07:56, John Culleton wrote:
> Knoppix is a Debian derivative so I am asking here. I want to compile
> svn versions of programs such as Scribus. Scribus has switched from
> conventional ./configure, make, make install sequence to a cmake based
> system. I can't seem to be able to download cmake using apt-get. Is it
> cataloged under another name?

Have you tried the Knoppix repositories?

# KNOPPIX Sources
deb-src http://debian-knoppix.alioth.debian.org ./
# KNOPPIX Precompiled binaries
deb http://debian-knoppix.alioth.debian.org ./

Cheers

Old 03-28-2011, 01:17 PM
John Culleton

On Sunday 27 March 2011 17:44:22 Chris Brennan wrote:
> On Sun, Mar 27, 2011 at 4:56 PM, John Culleton
> <john@wexfordpress.com> wrote:
>
> Knoppix is a Debian derivative so I am asking here. I want to
> compile
>
> > svn versions of programs such as Scribus. Scribus has switched
> > from conventional ./configure, make, make install sequence to a
> > cmake based system. I can't seem to be able to download cmake
> > using apt-get. Is it cataloged under another name?
> > --
> > John Culleton
> > Create Book Covers with Scribus:
> > http://www.booklocker.com/books/4055.html
>
> A quick search revealed this ...
>
> root@debian:~# aptitude search cmake
> p cmake
> - a cross-platform, open-source make system
> p cmake-curses-gui
> - curses based user interface for CMake (ccmake)
> p cmake-data
> - CMake data files (modules, templates and documentation)
> p cmake-dbg
> - debugging symbols for CMake
> p cmake-doc
> - extended documentation in various formats for CMake
> v cmake-gui
> - p cmake-qt-gui
> - Qt4 based user interface for CMake (cmake-gui)
> p icmake
> - Intelligent C-like MAKEr, or the ICce MAKE utility
> p icmake-doc
> - Documenation files for icmake
> root@debian:~# aptitude download cmake
> Get:1 http://ftp.debian.org/debian/ testing/main cmake amd64
> 2.8.4+dfsg.1-2 [4,247 kB]
> Fetched 4,247 kB in 13s (325 kB/s)
> root@debian:~#

I entered the identical command and got nothing in return. So I assume
it is a repository problem with Knoppix. I'll ask on that side.

I assume I can use aptitude as an ordinary user, and not root.

Old 03-28-2011, 01:46 PM
Andrei Popescu

On Lu, 28 mar 11, 09:17:42, John Culleton wrote:

> I assume I can use aptitude as an ordinary user, and not root.

Of course, but it will fail on any command that requires root
privileges. For simple searches apt-cache will be faster though

Regards,
Andrei