Old 03-27-2011, 06:55 PM
Marcelo Laia

Default Inkscape error

Hi,

I try to load inkscape, but I got this error:

marcella@inael:~$ inkscape
inkscape: error while loading shared libraries: libwpg-0.1.so.1:
marcella@inael:~$

I have googled, but not found any help.

Could you help me?

Tank you very much

Marcelo

Old 03-27-2011, 07:02 PM
Chris Brennan

On Sun, Mar 27, 2011 at 2:55 PM, Marcelo Laia <marcelolaia@gmail.com> wrote:

Hi,

I try to load inkscape, but I got this error:

marcella@inael:~$ inkscape

inkscape: error while loading shared libraries: libwpg-0.1.so.1:

marcella@inael:~$

I have googled, but not found any help.

Could you help me?

Tank you very much

Marcelo
rebuild/reinstall the missing library and then try inkscape again*
root@debian:~# aptitude search libwpgp * libwpg-0.2- - WordPerfect graphics

p * libwpg-dev *- WordPerfect graphicsp * libwpg-doc *- WordPerfect graphicsp * libwpg-tool - Tools from libwpg forroot@debian:~#
At a minimum you should need libwpg-0.2 and libwpg-dev, although -tool and -doc can't hurt if you have the space to spare.

--
Did you know...
If you play a Windows 2000 CD backwards, you hear satanic messages,

but what's worse is when you play it forward....
...it installs Windows 2000
-- Alfred Perlstein on chat at freebsd.org*

Old 03-27-2011, 07:08 PM
Marcelo Laia

2011/3/27 Chris Brennan <xaero@xaerolimit.net>:
> On Sun, Mar 27, 2011 at 2:55 PM, Marcelo Laia <marcelolaia@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> rebuild/reinstall the missing library and then try inkscape again
> root@debian:~# aptitude search libwpg
> p * libwpg-0.2- - WordPerfect graphics
> p * libwpg-dev *- WordPerfect graphics
> p * libwpg-doc *- WordPerfect graphics
> p * libwpg-tool - Tools from libwpg for
> root@debian:~#
> At a minimum you should need libwpg-0.2 and libwpg-dev, although -tool and
> -doc can't hurt if you have the space to spare.

Hi Chris,

I already have this ones installed!

inael:/home/inael# aptitude search libwpg
c libwpg-0.1-1 - WordPerfect graphics import/convert librar
i A libwpg-0.2-2 - WordPerfect graphics import/convert librar
i libwpg-dev - WordPerfect graphics import/convert librar
p libwpg-doc - WordPerfect graphics import/convert librar
i libwpg-tools - Tools from libwpg for converting WP Graphi
inael:/home/inael#

Any other help?

Marcelo

Old 03-27-2011, 07:14 PM
Chris Brennan

On Sun, Mar 27, 2011 at 3:08 PM, Marcelo Laia <marcelolaia@gmail.com> wrote:

2011/3/27 Chris Brennan <xaero@xaerolimit.net>:

> On Sun, Mar 27, 2011 at 2:55 PM, Marcelo Laia <marcelolaia@gmail.com> wrote:

> rebuild/reinstall the missing library and then try inkscape again

> root@debian:~# aptitude search libwpg

> p * libwpg-0.2- - WordPerfect graphics

> p * libwpg-dev *- WordPerfect graphics

> p * libwpg-doc *- WordPerfect graphics

> p * libwpg-tool - Tools from libwpg for

> root@debian:~#

> At a minimum you should need libwpg-0.2 and libwpg-dev, although -tool and

> -doc can't hurt if you have the space to spare.

Hi Chris,

I already have this ones installed!

inael:/home/inael# aptitude search libwpg

c * libwpg-0.1-1 * * * * * * * * * *- WordPerfect graphics import/convert librar

i A libwpg-0.2-2 * * * * * * * * * *- WordPerfect graphics import/convert librar

i * libwpg-dev * * * * * * * * * * *- WordPerfect graphics import/convert librar

p * libwpg-doc * * * * * * * * * * *- WordPerfect graphics import/convert librar

i * libwpg-tools * * * * * * * * * *- Tools from libwpg for converting WP Graphi

inael:/home/inael#

Any other help?

Marcelo

Given the fact of the original error,*
marcella@inael:~$ inkscape

inkscape: error while loading shared libraries: libwpg-0.1.so.1:
marcella@inael:~$
I would install -0.1-1

-- Alfred Perlstein on chat at freebsd.org

Old 03-27-2011, 07:29 PM
Ron Johnson

inael:/home/inael# aptitude search libwpg
c libwpg-0.1-1 - WordPerfect graphics import/convert librar

But you don't appear to have libwpg-0.1 installed (correctly).

corrupt."

Archive: 4D8F8FFC.60905@cox.net">http://lists.debian.org/4D8F8FFC.60905@cox.net

Old 03-27-2011, 07:29 PM
Marcelo Laia

2011/3/27 Chris Brennan <xaero@xaerolimit.net>:
> I would install -0.1-1

There are some thing wrong here!

-0.1-1 version of libwpg isn't in testing repositories. So, how
inkscape in testing flavor needs this version?

But, I downloaded libwpg-0.1-1 from stable and instal it manually.

Now, inkscape tell me other shared lib that is on stable repositories too!

inael@inael:~/Downloads$ inkscape
inkscape: error while loading shared libraries: libwpd-0.8.so.8:
inael@inael:~/Downloads$

inael:/home/inael# aptitude search libwpd
i A libwpd-0.9-9 - Library for handling WordPerfect documents
i libwpd-dev - Library for handling WordPerfect documents
p libwpd-doc - Library for handling WordPerfect documents
p libwpd-tools - Tools from libwpd for converting WordPerfe
c libwpd8c2a - Library for handling WordPerfect documents
inael:/home/inael#

inkscape in testing have dependencies that are only in stable repositories!

Thank you very much!

Marcelo

Old 03-27-2011, 07:49 PM
Chris Brennan

On Sun, Mar 27, 2011 at 3:29 PM, Marcelo Laia <marcelolaia@gmail.com> wrote:

2011/3/27 Chris Brennan <xaero@xaerolimit.net>:

> I would install -0.1-1

There are some thing wrong here!

-0.1-1 version of libwpg isn't in testing repositories. So, how

inkscape in testing flavor needs this version?

But, I downloaded libwpg-0.1-1 from stable and instal it manually.

Now, inkscape tell me other shared lib that is on stable repositories too!

inael@inael:~/Downloads$ inkscape

inkscape: error while loading shared libraries: libwpd-0.8.so.8:

inael@inael:~/Downloads$

inael:/home/inael# aptitude search libwpd

i A libwpd-0.9-9 * * * * * * * * * *- Library for handling WordPerfect documents

i * libwpd-dev * * * * * * * * * * *- Library for handling WordPerfect documents

p * libwpd-doc * * * * * * * * * * *- Library for handling WordPerfect documents

p * libwpd-tools * * * * * * * * * *- Tools from libwpd for converting WordPerfe

c * libwpd8c2a * * * * * * * * * * *- Library for handling WordPerfect documents

inael:/home/inael#

inkscape in testing have dependencies that are only in stable repositories!

Thank you very much!

Marcelo

I am going to take a stab in the dark here and ask, are you by any chance mixing stable/testing in sources.list?

-- Alfred Perlstein on chat at freebsd.org

Old 03-27-2011, 08:12 PM
Marcelo Laia

2011/3/27 Chris Brennan <xaero@xaerolimit.net>:
> I am going to take a stab in the dark here and ask, are you by any chance
> mixing stable/testing in sources.list?

No. I mixed testing/unstable.

I solved it reinstall inkscape.

Thank you very much!

Have a nice day.

--
* O__ * --- Marcelo Luiz de Laia * * * * * * * * *Rodovia MGT 367, Km 583
*c/ * /' _ -- Dep. de Engenharia Florestal * * *nș 5000, Alto da Jacuba