Old 03-27-2011, 05:21 PM
darkestkhan

Default update KDE

2011/3/27 hamed hosseini <hossbit@gmail.com>:
> how can i update gnome to KDE in debian 6?

I wouldn't call it update but I'm guessing that you want to install
KDE this one should work:

apt-get install kde

darkestkhan

Old 03-27-2011, 05:38 PM
"tv.debian@googlemail.com"

27/03/2011 19:21, darkestkhan wrote:
> 2011/3/27 hamed hosseini <hossbit@gmail.com>:
>> how can i update gnome to KDE in debian 6?
>>

> I wouldn't call it update but I'm guessing that you want to install
> KDE this one should work:
>
> apt-get install kde
>
> darkestkhan
> Feel free to CC me.
> jid: darkestkhan@gmail.com
> May The Source be with You.

"kde-plasma-desktop" is good for a minimal experience,"kde",
"kde-standard" or "kde-full" for a more complete experience.

You can keep kde and gnome at the same time, just choose the desktop
environment at login time. You need only one login manager, either gdm
(gnome) or kdm (kde).

Have fun