Old 02-08-2008, 05:29 AM
Amit Uttamchandani

Default Etch-and-a-half? When?

Hey guys,

Here's a quote from the LCA: State of Debian article on lwn.net:

"The Etch-and-a-half release will be happening soon. This is a version of Etch which offers a 2.6.24 kernel - needed to make Etch work on newer hardware. The original 2.6.18 kernel will remain an option for Etch users."

This is very exciting! Any idea on what soon means?

Thanks,
Amit

Old 02-09-2008, 03:07 AM
Kevin Mark

On Thu, Feb 07, 2008 at 10:29:11PM -0800, Amit Uttamchandani wrote:
> Hey guys,
>
> Here's a quote from the LCA: State of Debian article on lwn.net:
>
> "The Etch-and-a-half release will be happening soon. This is a version of Etch which offers a 2.6.24 kernel - needed to make Etch work on newer hardware. The original 2.6.18 kernel will remain an option for Etch users."
>
> This is very exciting! Any idea on what soon means?
>
> Thanks,
> Amit

http://wiki.debian.org/EtchAndAHalf
More info here.
-K
[NB: I seem to be able to post to debian.org]
--
| .'`. == Debian GNU/Linux == | my web site: |
| : :' : The Universal |mysite.verizon.net/kevin.mark/|

Old 02-09-2008, 02:58 PM
Amit Uttamchandani

On Fri, 8 Feb 2008 23:07:06 -0500
Kevin Mark <kevin.mark@verizon.net> wrote:

> On Thu, Feb 07, 2008 at 10:29:11PM -0800, Amit Uttamchandani wrote:
> > Hey guys,
> >
> > Here's a quote from the LCA: State of Debian article on lwn.net:
> >
> > "The Etch-and-a-half release will be happening soon. This is a version of Etch which offers a 2.6.24 kernel - needed to make Etch work on newer hardware. The original 2.6.18 kernel will remain an option for Etch users."
> >
> > This is very exciting! Any idea on what soon means?
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Amit
>
> http://wiki.debian.org/EtchAndAHalf
> More info here.