Old 09-24-2011, 02:19 AM
Ric Moore

Default Nvidia driver problem

On 09/23/2011 08:17 PM, Jon Anderson wrote:

xorg.conf is

Section "Device"
Identifier "Default Device"
Option "NoLogo" "True"
EndSection

xorg.conf failsafe is

Section "Device"
Identifier "Configured Video Device"
Driver "vesa"
EndSection

Right there, you're using a Vietnam era vanilla vga video driver usually
used in fail safe mode. Did you edit that line as I mentioned? Ric

http://linuxcounter.net/user/44256.html

Old 09-24-2011, 02:22 AM
NoOp

On 09/23/2011 06:24 PM, Liam Proven wrote:
> On 24 September 2011 02:01, compdoc <compdoc@hotrodpc.com> wrote:
>>
>> 1) Run memtest86+ overnight, or at least 5 or 6 passes.
>>
>> 2) Open the computer and look for any capacitors that are rounded on top:
>>
>> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Capacitor_plague
>>
>> (click pictures to see close up. )
>>
>> 3) check your hard drive's smart data and/or look at the drive's health with
>> gnome disk utility.
>
> This is good advice - I agree, strongly.

Cool. Perhaps you can advise as to how that relates to the OP's issue?

Old 09-24-2011, 02:29 AM
Ric Moore