Old 03-09-2011, 01:21 PM
Juan Germán Arrieta Martínez

Default Problem with Debian 6

Hi, I'm German from Mexico.I have a problem when I install Debian in my laptop.When I reboot my computer after the installation,and choose Debian in the grub, the screen turns offand the hard disc stop working.

My computer is a VAIO VPCCW25FL:
Intel Core i3 M3304 Gb RAMNVIDIA GeForce GT 330M64 bits architecture

Old 03-09-2011, 03:44 PM
Simon Brandmair

On Wed, 09 Mar 2011 15:40:01 +0100 Juan Germán Arrieta Martínez wrote:

> Hi, I'm German from Mexico.
> I have a problem when I install Debian in my laptop. When I reboot my
> computer after the installation, and choose Debian in the grub, the
> screen turns off and the hard disc stop working.
> My computer is a VAIO VPCCW25FL:

Sorry, your problem description is so general, probably nobody will be
able to help you here.

Simon

Old 03-09-2011, 04:34 PM
Alex Mestiashvili

I have a problem when I install Debian in my laptop.
When I reboot my computer after the installation,
and choose Debian in the grub, the screen turns off
and the hard disc stop working.
My computer is a VAIO VPCCW25FL:

Intel Core i3 M330
4 Gb RAM
NVIDIA GeForce GT 330M
64 bits architecture

You can try to boot adding noacpi , acpi=off , and so on to the kernel
options .

google for the laptop name and linux in general .

Also you can try to boot a livecd - grml http://grml.org/ for example .

Regards ,
Alex