Old 02-07-2008, 08:44 PM
Andrius

Default Question about flack

Hi,

there is new CD box on the table that should get inside PC.
On the box is mark "24bits/96khz recording".
In Rhytmbox preferences string to flack next:
audio/x-raw-int,rate=44100,channels=2 ! flacenc name=enc
So, encoding is going only about 44100khz sampling like for casual CD.
How to make that encoding should act for 96000Hz sampling.

Andrius

Old 02-08-2008, 08:25 AM
Jochen Schulz

Andrius:

> there is new CD box on the table that should get inside PC.
> On the box is mark "24bits/96khz recording".

Is this a (more or less regular) audio CD or does it contain FLAC
files? I'm not sure what you are trying to achieve. Do you want to rip
an audio CD with Rhythmbox?

> In Rhytmbox preferences string to flack next:
> audio/x-raw-int,rate=44100,channels=2 ! flacenc name=enc
> So, encoding is going only about 44100khz sampling like for casual CD.
> How to make that encoding should act for 96000Hz sampling.

I don't know how to configure Rhythmbox but FLAC may contain 24Bit,
96kHz audio. Have a look into 'man flac', options --bps and
--sample-rate.

J.
--
I wish I looked more like a successful person even though I'm a loser.
[Agree] [Disagree]

Old 02-08-2008, 12:15 PM
Jochen Schulz

Andrius:
> Jochen Schulz wrote:
>> Andrius:
>>> there is new CD box on the table that should get inside PC.
>>>
>>> On the box is mark "24bits/96khz recording".
>>
>> Is this a (more or less regular) audio CD or does it contain FLAC
>> files? I'm not sure what you are trying to achieve. Do you want to rip
>> an audio CD with Rhythmbox?
>
> Yes.

I can only say how I would do it: 'abcde -o "flac:--bps 24 --sample-rate
96000". You only need to have abcde and flac installed.

J.
--
I am very intolerant with other drivers.
[Agree] [Disagree]

Old 02-08-2008, 01:28 PM
Andrius

Jochen Schulz wrote:

Andrius:

Jochen Schulz wrote:

Andrius:

there is new CD box on the table that should get inside PC.

On the box is mark "24bits/96khz recording".

Is this a (more or less regular) audio CD or does it contain FLAC
files? I'm not sure what you are trying to achieve. Do you want to rip
an audio CD with Rhythmbox?

Yes.

I can only say how I would do it: 'abcde -o "flac:--bps 24 --sample-rate
96000". You only need to have abcde and flac installed.

J.

Can you give more info, please, how to use abcde? How to set default
settings for flac?

Andrius

Old 02-08-2008, 01:45 PM
Ron Johnson

Old 02-08-2008, 01:46 PM
Andrius

Jochen Schulz wrote:

Andrius:

Jochen Schulz wrote:

Andrius:

there is new CD box on the table that should get inside PC.

On the box is mark "24bits/96khz recording".

Is this a (more or less regular) audio CD or does it contain FLAC
files? I'm not sure what you are trying to achieve. Do you want to rip
an audio CD with Rhythmbox?

Yes.

I can only say how I would do it: 'abcde -o "flac:--bps 24 --sample-rate
96000". You only need to have abcde and flac installed.

J.

J.,
syntaxis is not correct. Would you define, please?
There should not bps in my opinion, but bits or something else.

Andrius

Old 02-08-2008, 02:00 PM
Jochen Schulz

Andrius:
> Jochen Schulz wrote:
>>
>> I can only say how I would do it: 'abcde -o "flac:--bps 24 --sample-rate
>> 96000". You only need to have abcde and flac installed.
>
> Can you give more info, please, how to use abcde? How to set default
> settings for flac?

Just like every debian package, abcde installs some interesting files in
/usr/share/doc/$packagename. Abcde ships with a FAQ.gz which tells you
there's a default configuration that gets installed as /etc/abcde.conf
which you can copy to ~/.abcde.conf and edit there.

Oh, and please trim your quotes.

J.
--
I want to keep my skin looking good but I believe all computers do the
same job.

Old 02-08-2008, 02:19 PM
Jochen Schulz

Andrius:
> Jochen Schulz wrote:
>>
>> I can only say how I would do it: 'abcde -o "flac:--bps 24 --sample-rate
>> 96000". You only need to have abcde and flac installed.
>
> syntaxis is not correct. Would you define, please?

Quoting from the flac man page:

--bps=#
Set bits per sample.

--sample-rate=#
Set sample rate (in Hz).

These are options for the flac executable that abcde runs. Since you run
abcde and not flac directly, you have to tell abcde any options you want
to pass to flac. This has the form (from man abcde):

-o [filetype][:filetypeoptions]

Since the parameter string contains spaces, you have to quote the whole
string for -o. That's what I did. And now that I have looked everything
up for you, I can spot my error. It's "--bps=24", not "--bps 24".

Anyway, if you want someone to help you solve your problems, you should
show a) a little more initiative of your own (it's *your* problem) and
b) a description more specific than "syntaxis not correct".

J.
--
I am not scared of death but terrified of people in Tommy Hilfiger
sweatshirts.