Old 03-08-2011, 09:51 AM
Stephan Seitz

Default Debian and HyperV

Hi!

I’m trying to run Debian/Squeeze in a HyperV cluster. Since Debian
doesn’t have the HyperV staging drivers activated, I compiled my own
kernel (tested with 2.6.36 and 2.6.37).

Everything is working besides the HyperV network adapter (I can only use
the emulated device, tulip driver). After some time the HyperV network
adapter refuses to work and doesn’t send any packets anymore.

If I trace on the interface, I see incoming packets (like ARP request),
but the NIC refuses to answer.

Does anyone have experience with Debian under HyperV?

Shade and sweet water!

Stephan

--
| Stephan Seitz E-Mail: stse@fsing.rootsland.net |