Old 03-08-2011, 08:49 AM
At─▒f CEYLAN

Default synaptics problem

Hi all,

I have a packard bell LM98 laptop. I get "TouchPad no synaptics event device found┬*(II) UnloadModule: "synaptics"┬*" ┬*message in the kernel log. ┬*xserver-xorg-input-synaptics package is installed and my laptop have synaptics touchpad hardware.

What should I do?

┬*--

/**
* @author At─▒f CEYLAN
* Software Developer & System Admin
* http://www.atifceylan.com
*/

Old 03-08-2011, 09:21 AM
Volkan YAZICI

On Tue, 08 Mar 2011 11:49:19 +0200, At─▒f CEYLAN writes:
> I have a packard bell LM98 laptop. I get "TouchPad no synaptics event
> device found (II) UnloadModule: "synaptics" " message in the kernel
> log. xserver-xorg-input-synaptics package is installed and my laptop
> have synaptics touchpad hardware.
>
> What should I do?

I would first check if my touchpad is found by the kernel. That is,

$ egrep -i 'synap|alps|etps' /proc/bus/input/devices

Did you check the SynapticsTouchpad wiki[1]. I'm not an expert on
synaptics, but you might find that page helpful.

Regards.

[1] http://wiki.debian.org/SynapticsTouchpad

Old 03-08-2011, 09:21 AM
Volkan YAZICI