Old 03-08-2011, 06:43 AM
Denny Schierz

Default Clarkdale VGA (HDMI) support under Lenny?

hi,

we want to change the studies pc pool and switch to a new i3 Clarkdale
CPU with integrated graphic card. We have a recently kernel (2.6.36),
running, but how good is the support from Lenny itself? The display is
connected via HDMI. The mainboard is a Zotac H55ITX-C-E.

Any suggestions?

cu denny

Old 03-08-2011, 06:49 AM
"Andrew M.A. Cater"

On Tue, Mar 08, 2011 at 08:43:05AM +0100, Denny Schierz wrote:
> hi,
>
> we want to change the studies pc pool and switch to a new i3 Clarkdale
> CPU with integrated graphic card. We have a recently kernel (2.6.36),
> running, but how good is the support from Lenny itself? The display is
> connected via HDMI. The mainboard is a Zotac H55ITX-C-E.
>
> Any suggestions?
>
> cu denny

I would strongly suggest that you switch to Squeeze - Debian 6.0 -
for any deployment. It was released on February 6th 2011 - at
which point the countdown clock started ticking on Lenny which
will lose all security support in early 2012.

Squeeze ships with a 2.6.32 kernel.

All best,

AndyC