Old 03-08-2011, 03:44 AM
David Cantrell

Default fix zipl boot loader upgrades

Strange bug, but legitimate. I don't think this use case ever got much
testing because the code has been this way for a while. The patch fixes
reading existing zipl configuration data so that boot loader changes
work during upgrade...and the reIPL device is set.

Tested on rhel6-branch, but suitable for master since the code is the
same for this stuff right now. Sure am looking forward to a booty
overhaul.

--
David Cantrell <dcantrell@redhat.com>
Supervisor, Installer Engineering Team

Old 03-08-2011, 05:30 PM
Chris Lumens

> Strange bug, but legitimate. I don't think this use case ever got much
> testing because the code has been this way for a while. The patch fixes
> reading existing zipl configuration data so that boot loader changes
> work during upgrade...and the reIPL device is set.
>
> Tested on rhel6-branch, but suitable for master since the code is the
> same for this stuff right now. Sure am looking forward to a booty
> overhaul.

Looks okay.

- Chris