FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
» Video Reviews

» Linux Archive

Linux-archive is a website aiming to archive linux email lists and to make them easily accessible for linux users/developers.


» Sponsor

» Partners

» Sponsor

Go Back   Linux Archive > Debian > Debian User

 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
 
Old 02-07-2008, 07:32 PM
ai
 
Default Help! OpenOffice upgrade went wrong!

Hi all,

I did a dist-upgrade yesterday and since then, all the menus in Open Office
have disappeared ; all menu text characters were replaced by empty square
boxes. Same happens in all Open Office apps: Write, Calc, etc.

I run the testing distribution on a HP e-PC 42 (PIV 1.6 Mhz).

Has anybody else run into that? Is there a workaround? Should I file a bug
report?

Thanks. PS: please copy me in your replies, I am not a list subscriber.

Anastasios


--
To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@lists.debian.org
with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact listmaster@lists.debian.org
 
Old 02-07-2008, 09:53 PM
"H.S."
 
Default Help! OpenOffice upgrade went wrong!

ai wrote:

Hi all,

I did a dist-upgrade yesterday and since then, all the menus in Open Office
have disappeared ; all menu text characters were replaced by empty square
boxes. Same happens in all Open Office apps: Write, Calc, etc.


I run the testing distribution on a HP e-PC 42 (PIV 1.6 Mhz).

Has anybody else run into that? Is there a workaround? Should I file a bug
report?


Thanks. PS: please copy me in your replies, I am not a list subscriber.


I read these messages on the Gmane newsgroup and never usually send
emails. Perhaps you could browse the list at least for this purpose of
yours only.


I did the upgrade too, but used 'aptitude full-upgrade', and all went
well. What are the installed packages on your machine? Find out using:

$> dpkg -l openoffice* | grep ^i


->HS


--
To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@lists.debian.org
with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact listmaster@lists.debian.org
 
Old 02-08-2008, 07:56 PM
ai
 
Default Help! OpenOffice upgrade went wrong!

Thank you.

Here is the list of my currently installed Oo packages:
ii openoffice.org 1:2.3.1-3
OpenOffice.org Office suite
ii openoffice.org-base 1:2.3.1-3
OpenOffice.org office suite - database
ii openoffice.org-base-core 1:2.3.1-3
OpenOffice.org office suite -- libdba
ii openoffice.org-calc 1:2.3.1-3
OpenOffice.org office suite - spreadsheet
ii openoffice.org-common 1:2.3.1-3
OpenOffice.org office suite architecture ind
ii openoffice.org-core 1:2.3.1-3
OpenOffice.org office suite architecture dep
ii openoffice.org-draw 1:2.3.1-3
OpenOffice.org office suite - drawing
ii openoffice.org-filter-binfilter 1:2.3.1-3
Legacy filters (e.g. StarOffice 5.2) for Ope
ii openoffice.org-filter-mobiledev 1:2.3.1-3
Mobile Devices Filters for OpenOffice.org
ii openoffice.org-help-fr 1:2.3.1-3
French help for OpenOffice.org
ii openoffice.org-impress 1:2.3.1-3
OpenOffice.org office suite - presentation
ii openoffice.org-java-common 1:2.3.1-3
OpenOffice.org office suite Java support arc
ii openoffice.org-kde 1:2.3.1-3
KDE Integration for OpenOffice.org (Widgets,
ii openoffice.org-l10n-fr 1:2.3.1-3
French language package for OpenOffice.org
ii openoffice.org-math 1:2.3.1-3
OpenOffice.org office suite - equation edito
ii openoffice.org-officebean 1:2.3.1-3
OpenOffice.org Office Bean
ii openoffice.org-style-andromeda 1:2.3.1-3
Default symbol style for OpenOffice.org
ii openoffice.org-style-crystal 1:2.3.1-3
Crystal symbol style for OpenOffice.org
ii openoffice.org-writer 1:2.3.1-3
OpenOffice.org office suite - word processor

As far as I understand, full-upgrade is the new name for dist-upgrade which I
have been using for years. I was not aware of the name change. I don't know
if the functionality is any different though.

Thanks for your help.


--
To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@lists.debian.org
with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact listmaster@lists.debian.org
 
Old 02-08-2008, 10:43 PM
Chris Bannister
 
Default Help! OpenOffice upgrade went wrong!

On Thu, Feb 07, 2008 at 05:53:13PM -0500, H.S. wrote:
> ai wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I did a dist-upgrade yesterday and since then, all the menus in Open
>> Office have disappeared ; all menu text characters were replaced by empty
>> square boxes. Same happens in all Open Office apps: Write, Calc, etc.
>>
>> I run the testing distribution on a HP e-PC 42 (PIV 1.6 Mhz).
>>
>> Has anybody else run into that? Is there a workaround? Should I file a bug
>> report?
>>
>> Thanks. PS: please copy me in your replies, I am not a list subscriber.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ ^^^^^^^^^^

>
> I read these messages on the Gmane newsgroup and never usually send emails.
> Perhaps you could browse the list at least for this purpose of yours only.

You should have CC'd ai at least. :-0

--
Chris.
======


--
To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@lists.debian.org
with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact listmaster@lists.debian.org
 
Old 02-09-2008, 12:23 AM
"H.S."
 
Default Help! OpenOffice upgrade went wrong!

ai wrote:

Thank you.

Here is the list of my currently installed Oo packages:
ii openoffice.org 1:2.3.1-3
OpenOffice.org Office suite
ii openoffice.org-base 1:2.3.1-3
OpenOffice.org office suite - database
ii openoffice.org-base-core 1:2.3.1-3
OpenOffice.org office suite -- libdba
ii openoffice.org-calc 1:2.3.1-3
OpenOffice.org office suite - spreadsheet
ii openoffice.org-common 1:2.3.1-3
OpenOffice.org office suite architecture ind
ii openoffice.org-core 1:2.3.1-3
OpenOffice.org office suite architecture dep
ii openoffice.org-draw 1:2.3.1-3
OpenOffice.org office suite - drawing
ii openoffice.org-filter-binfilter 1:2.3.1-3
Legacy filters (e.g. StarOffice 5.2) for Ope
ii openoffice.org-filter-mobiledev 1:2.3.1-3
Mobile Devices Filters for OpenOffice.org
ii openoffice.org-help-fr 1:2.3.1-3
French help for OpenOffice.org
ii openoffice.org-impress 1:2.3.1-3
OpenOffice.org office suite - presentation
ii openoffice.org-java-common 1:2.3.1-3
OpenOffice.org office suite Java support arc
ii openoffice.org-kde 1:2.3.1-3
KDE Integration for OpenOffice.org (Widgets,
ii openoffice.org-l10n-fr 1:2.3.1-3
French language package for OpenOffice.org
ii openoffice.org-math 1:2.3.1-3
OpenOffice.org office suite - equation edito
ii openoffice.org-officebean 1:2.3.1-3
OpenOffice.org Office Bean
ii openoffice.org-style-andromeda 1:2.3.1-3
Default symbol style for OpenOffice.org
ii openoffice.org-style-crystal 1:2.3.1-3
Crystal symbol style for OpenOffice.org
ii openoffice.org-writer 1:2.3.1-3
OpenOffice.org office suite - word processor


As far as I understand, full-upgrade is the new name for dist-upgrade which I
have been using for years. I was not aware of the name change. I don't know
if the functionality is any different though.


Thanks for your help.


I have fairly the same as the ones you listed above. I have these two
additional ones thought, if they matter:
ii openoffice.org-gnome 1:2.3.1-3
GNOME Integration for OpenOffice.org (VFS, G
ii openoffice.org-gtk 1:2.3.1-3
GTK Integration for OpenOffice.org (Widgets,



But from your problem description, it looks like there something the
matter with the menu fonts that OOo wants.


->HS



--
To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@lists.debian.org
with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact listmaster@lists.debian.org
 
Old 02-09-2008, 12:24 AM
"H.S."
 
Default Help! OpenOffice upgrade went wrong!

Chris Bannister wrote:


You should have CC'd ai at least. :-0



True. Done this time.


--
To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@lists.debian.org
with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact listmaster@lists.debian.org
 

Thread Tools




All times are GMT. The time now is 04:56 PM.

VBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2007, Crawlability, Inc.
Copyright 2007 - 2008, www.linux-archive.org