Old 03-06-2011, 11:14 PM
Mark Copper

Default Fwd: disabling irq assigned to sata hard drives

(sorry if this is a double post--I forgot to send from my subscribed
e-mail address)

A week later, no real progress. *One IRQ 19 disabling event.

In light of bug 664400 reported at Ubuntu:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/mdadm/+bug/664400, which
looks tantalizingly similar, I should also mention that I have 2 sata
hard drives configured as a single RAID1 system.

I'm still not seeing any clouds before lightning strikes:
"note_interrupt" only calls "__report_bad_irq" when the number of
unhandled IRQ's approach 100,000
(http://lxr.free-electrons.com/source/kernel/irq/spurious.c?v=2.6.32#L228),
but during normal times I don't see many:
* *cat /proc/irq/19/spurious
* * *count 33017
* * *unhandled 1
* * *last_unhandled 10978492 ms

I've added the "irqpoll" as a boot option and will wait and see if that helps.

Mark