Old 03-06-2011, 08:52 PM
beno hamid

Default Important to me

1 - I am*bad*in*writing bug*
2 -*And*the worst*in the*English...

I want*to clarify*a point *abou*joystick linux
There is a problem*in*several gamepad*on the market ...Specifically..*.th*Axis,
The initial value of some*Axis is*Unreal...!!
Because some*companies*sell*gamepad*With 2*axes,But it*contains*within it**MicroControl for 6 or 8*axes
If*the*axes*non-existent*and*has a value...Becomes a disadvantage in games..'

Body*in the*game*moves*to the right*or*left

This*problem*appears*in*many*forums*such as "wine*forums"
Do not tell*me*...*Experimented with*many*of the*computers*and*Linux distributions, 8*joystick
Remaping the*joystick axis is not*Successful

I could not*understand*or a*change*file "joystick.h" *Until*now
I know*you*do not*accept*complaints*of this*kind ,*But*I want to*clarify

Thanks*Debian*team

Old 03-07-2011, 06:36 AM
Klistvud

[...]

Howdie!

This is a list for users of Debian; if you want your message to reach
the "Debian Team", there are other lists for the Debian developers and
the Debian project.

As for "several gamepad on the market": yes, there are many. And, as a
general rule, the manufacturers don't care about anything but Windows.
They don't publish the technical specifications needed for writing a
driver. That's not a coincidence, or a mishap; it's part of a broader,
well defined marketing policy. All us GNU/Linux users have been bitten
by that sooner or later. I personally have two Belkin wireless PCMCIA
cards that are now just gathering dust in the attic because they will
never work under anything but Windows XP. Not even under any other
brand of Windows. Stupid me.

So when you see "Windows-ready" written in bold letters on the package,
what you should really read is:

"Will never function under anything but Windows. Buy at your own risk.
If you don't use Windows, we don't give a damn about you as a customer.
Actually, we almost hate you. You're just a loud nuisance. Go shop
elsewhere and never bother us again."

The next time, take them literally. Go shop elsewhere. There are many
GNU/Linux hardware compatibility lists (HCL) available on the internet;
even Ubuntu started one not so long ago. Money is power: use it wisely.
I personally am never buying Belkin again for as long as I live.

--
Cheerio,

Klistvud
http://bufferoverflow.tiddlyspot.com
me.

Old 03-07-2011, 01:45 PM
Camaleón

On Sun, 06 Mar 2011 22:52:21 +0100, beno hamid wrote:

> 1 - I am bad in writing bug
> 2 - And the worst in the English...[?]
>
> I want to clarify a point abou joystick linux There is a problem in
> several gamepad on the market ...Specifically.. .th Axis,
> The initial value of some Axis is Unreal...!! Because some companies
> sell gamepad With 2 axes,But it contains within it MicroControl for 6 or
> 8 axes
> If the axes non-existent and has a value...Becomes a disadvantage in
> games..'
>
> Body in the game moves to the right or left
>
> This problem appears in many forums such as "wine forums" Do not tell me
> ... Experimented with many of the computers and Linux distributions, 8
> joystick
> Remaping the joystick axis is not Successful
>
> I could not understand or a change file "joystick.h" Until now I know
> you do not accept complaints of this kind , But I want to clarify

If I understood you correctly, you are experiencing some issues with your
joystick. I don't have such kind of peripherals but maybe someone here
can help you to configure it.

It would be of help that you can provide:

- Your Debian version (lenny, squeeze, sid)
- Your exact model of joystick (you could find out by running "lspci" or
lsusb")
- Your gaming environment (you said something of Wine so, are you playing
from there or using your linux box natively?)

Greetings,

--
Camaleón