Old 03-06-2011, 01:15 PM
darkestkhan

Default problems with fluxbox after actualization to 1.3~

I have been using resolution 1280x760 for about 1 year now, and I never had any
problems with it, but after actualization of fluxbox ( to 1.3~ ) it
is behaving like this
resolution is too high - I have to scroll down screen to see toolbar.
Is there any
way to correct this behavior, so that I can see entire screen properly again
( beside changing resolution to lower ) ?

graphic driver - vesa
graphic card - GeForce 9200 M G
kernel - 2.6.37.1
beside that up to date Debian sid/experimental

darkestkhan

Old 03-06-2011, 02:18 PM
Camaleón

On Sun, 06 Mar 2011 14:15:42 +0000, darkestkhan wrote:

> I have been using resolution 1280x760 for about 1 year now, and I never
> had any
> problems with it, but after actualization of fluxbox ( to 1.3~ ) it
> is behaving like this
> resolution is too high - I have to scroll down screen to see toolbar.

Too high or too low? As per your description, seems to be the latter.

> Is there any
> way to correct this behavior, so that I can see entire screen properly
> again
> ( beside changing resolution to lower ) ?
>
> graphic driver - vesa

Any specific reason to use the vesa driver instead nouveau?

> graphic card - GeForce 9200 M G
> kernel - 2.6.37.1
> beside that up to date Debian sid/experimental

You can try to set the wanted resolution with "xrandr". What are your
monitor specs?

Greetings,

--
Camaleón

Old 03-06-2011, 03:19 PM
darkestkhan

2011/3/6 Camaleón <noelamac@gmail.com>:
> On Sun, 06 Mar 2011 14:15:42 +0000, darkestkhan wrote:
>
>> I have been using resolution 1280x760 for about 1 year now, and I never
[ SNIP ]
> Too high or too low? As per your description, seems to be the latter.

To high

>> Is there any
[ SNIP ]
>> graphic driver - vesa
>
> Any specific reason to use the vesa driver instead nouveau?
>
>> graphic card - GeForce 9200 M G

nouveau doesn't work at all with this problematic card, nv likewise,
so I stick with vesa for now, maybe in 2.6.38 it will work

> You can try to set the wanted resolution with "xrandr". What are your
> monitor specs?

I don't really know - it is FSC Esprimo Mobile ( I don't remember
model number ) laptop with 15'6' screen.
Beside this is my wanted resolution which worked correctly until
actualization of fluxbox

darkestkhan

Old 03-06-2011, 04:46 PM
Camaleón

On Sun, 06 Mar 2011 16:19:48 +0000, darkestkhan wrote:

> 2011/3/6 Camaleón:
>> On Sun, 06 Mar 2011 14:15:42 +0000, darkestkhan wrote:
>>
>>> I have been using resolution 1280x760 for about 1 year now, and I
>>> never
> [ SNIP ]
>> Too high or too low? As per your description, seems to be the latter.
>
> To high

How can be scrolling needed with a higher resolution? :-?

Better than guessing, why don't you tell us what's your current
resolution? Type "xrandr -q" in a console and put here the output.

>>> Is there any
> [ SNIP ]
>>> graphic driver - vesa
>>
>> Any specific reason to use the vesa driver instead nouveau?
>>
>>> graphic card - GeForce 9200 M G
>
> nouveau doesn't work at all with this problematic card, nv likewise, so
> I stick with vesa for now, maybe in 2.6.38 it will work

There is also the closed source "nvidia" driver.

>> You can try to set the wanted resolution with "xrandr". What are your
>> monitor specs?
>>

> I don't really know - it is FSC Esprimo Mobile ( I don't remember model
> number ) laptop with 15'6' screen. Beside this is my wanted resolution
> which worked correctly until actualization of fluxbox

Try to set whatever resolution you want with xrandr (I hope this utility
can work with vesa...).

Greetings,

--
Camaleón

Old 03-06-2011, 06:35 PM
darkestkhan

> How can be scrolling needed with a higher resolution? :-?

If you ever played RTS then I can tell that it is behaving like
scrolling around map, if it helps

> Better than guessing, why don't you tell us what's your current
> resolution? Type "xrandr -q" in a console and put here the output.

$ xrandr -q
xrandr: Failed to get size of gamma for output default
Screen 0: minimum 640 x 480, current 1280 x 768, maximum 1280 x 768
default connected 1280x768+0+0 0mm x 0mm
1280x720 0.0
1024x768 61.0
800x600 61.0
640x480 60.0
1280x768 0.0*

>> nouveau doesn't work at all with this problematic card, nv likewise, so
>> I stick with vesa for now, maybe in 2.6.38 it will work
>
> There is also the closed source "nvidia" driver.

I'm not going to use it.

> Try to set whatever resolution you want with xrandr (I hope this utility
> can work with vesa...).

xrandr -s 0 # solved my problem, though I really didn't want to loose
those pixels, but I can still live w/o those 48px

Thx for help; xrandr does work with vesa

darkestkhan