Old 03-06-2011, 10:43 AM
Denny Schierz

Default Lenny -> Squeeze : Apache2:LDAP SSL auth not working anymore

hi,

after upgrading Lenny to Squeeze, ldap auth over .htacces/virtual-host.config stops working when using SSL. I've searched hours on friday and though packages are missing or broken. Apache2 brings only "Internal Server Error", but nothing in the error/debug logfiles. Apache asks for the username/password and the user can type anything, after some seconds you get the error page.
Then I switched to non SSL and, voila .. it works

==============

AuthType Basic
AuthName "Icinga Monitoring"
AuthBasicProvider ldap
AuthLDAPURL "ldap://ldap2/cn=accounts,dc=domain,dc=foo?uid?sub?(objectClass= *)"
AuthLDAPGroupAttribute member
AuthLDAPGroupAttributeIsDN On
AuthzLDAPAuthoritative Off

# Define allowed LDAP users
Require ldap-group cn=rbg,cn=admins,cn=groups,dc=domain,dc=doo

===============

this works

but not:

===============

AuthType Basic
AuthName "Icinga Monitoring"
AuthBasicProvider ldap
AuthLDAPURL "ldaps://ldap2:636/cn=accounts,dc=domain,dc=foo?uid?sub?(objectClass= *)"
AuthLDAPGroupAttribute member
AuthLDAPGroupAttributeIsDN On
AuthzLDAPAuthoritative Off

# Define allowed LDAP users
Require ldap-group cn=rbg,cn=admins,cn=groups,dc=domain,dc=foo

===============

any suggestions?

cu denny

Old 03-31-2011, 11:31 PM
Stephen Young

I'm having the example same problem after my upgrade from Lenny to Squeeze

With SSL on this just gives me "Internal Server Error" without writing to the logs:
<Location /usvn-1.0/svn/>
ErrorDocument 404 default
DAV svn
SVNParentPath /var/www/usvn-1.0/files/svn
SVNListParentPath off
AuthType Basic
AuthName "USVN"
AuthBasicProvider ldap
AuthzLDAPAuthoritative off
AuthLDAPURL ldaps://myserver.mydomain.com:989/cn=users,dc=myserver,dc=mydomain,dc=com?uid
AuthzSVNAccessFile /var/www/usvn-1.0/files/authz
Require valid-user
</Location>

If I turn SSL off on the LDAP server the following works fine:
<Location /usvn-1.0/svn/>
ErrorDocument 404 default
DAV svn
SVNParentPath /var/www/usvn-1.0/files/svn
SVNListParentPath off
AuthType Basic
AuthName "USVN"
AuthBasicProvider ldap
AuthzLDAPAuthoritative off
AuthLDAPURL ldap://myserver.mydomain.com:389/cn=users,dc=myserver,dc=mydomain,dc=com?uid