Old 02-07-2008, 06:01 PM
Rick Dooling

Default texlive vs. tetex

Hi, all:

I've searched the group for messages on these.

I have one machine running Etch with tetex.

Another newer machine where I haven't installed tetex or texlive.

Anybody with recent experience moving from tetex to texlive on Etch?

Or anybody just going with texlive having any unexpected problems.

Thanks,

RD

Old 02-07-2008, 06:55 PM
Jochen Schulz

Rick Dooling:

> Anybody with recent experience moving from tetex to texlive on Etch?

I don't do much Latex anymore, but the migration should be painless. You
just may have to hunt down some packages you are using with 'apt-cache
search'es.

Texlive appears to be the future, so I wouldn't install tetex when I had
a fresh box to start with.

> Or anybody just going with texlive having any unexpected problems.

No. But as I said, I don't use it very often.

J.
--
I wear a lot of leather but would never wear fur.
[Agree] [Disagree]

Old 02-07-2008, 08:02 PM
"Russell L. Harris"

* Rick Dooling <rpdooling@gmail.com> [080207 13:28]:
> Hi, all:
>
> I've searched the group for messages on these.
>
> I have one machine running Etch with tetex.
>
> Another newer machine where I haven't installed tetex or texlive.
>
> Anybody with recent experience moving from tetex to texlive on Etch?
>
> Or anybody just going with texlive having any unexpected problems.

Install texlive; it's good; I use texlive daily in a fairly complex
typesetting environment, under both "stable" (Etch) and "testing"
(Lenny).

Of course, If you happen to be running something exotic with a tetex
dependency, you might double-check before overwriting your tetex
installation.

RLH