Old 03-05-2011, 07:09 PM
"mike cutie and maia"

Default question about a vertualhost file for apache2

Hi,
┬*
I am try to create a file that looks like this
<VirtualHost 12.34.56.78:80>
┬*┬*┬*┬*┬*ServerAdmin squire@bucknell.net┬*┬*┬*┬*
┬*┬*┬*┬*┬*ServerName bucknell.net
┬*┬*┬*┬* ServerAlias www.bucknell.net
┬*┬*┬*┬* DocumentRoot /srv/www/bucknell.net/public_html/
┬*┬*┬*┬* ErrorLog /srv/www/bucknell.net/logs/error.log
┬*┬*┬*┬*┬*CustomLog /srv/www/bucknell.net/logs/access.log combined
</VirtualHost>
┬*
┬*
But when I restart apache2 with /etc/init.d/apache2 restart I get this error
┬*
Syntax error on line 5 of /etc/apache2/sites-enabled/jmshosting.com:
DocumentRoot tskes one argument, Root tirectory of the document tree
Action ÔÇśconfigtest; failed.
┬*
The file I posted was the example I was following but it has the same things except for the ip address an domaine which I have replaced

Old 03-05-2011, 07:50 PM
Camaleˇn

On Sat, 05 Mar 2011 14:09:18 -0600, mike cutie and maia wrote:

(avoid html format)

> I am try to create a file that looks like this

(...)

> DocumentRoot /srv/www/bucknell.net/public_html/
^
(...)

> But when I restart apache2 with /etc/init.d/apache2 restart I get this
> error
>

> Syntax error on line 5 of /etc/apache2/sites-enabled/jmshosting.com:
>
> DocumentRoot tskes one argument, Root tirectory of the document tree
>
> Action 'configtest; failed.

Remove the last "/" from the path.

Greetings,

--