Old 03-05-2011, 06:38 PM
T o n g

Default NFS user id

Hi,

My /export NFS share is shared with option "rw,no_root_squash,async",
however, on the client side, files from both the root and me are mapped
as uid/gid of 4294967294/4294967294.

Both the root id and my id are the same on both client server.
What could be wrong?

Thanks

--
Tong (remove underscore(s) to reply)
http://xpt.sourceforge.net/techdocs/

Old 03-06-2011, 12:13 AM
Roger Leigh

On Sat, Mar 05, 2011 at 07:38:04PM +0000, T o n g wrote:
> My /export NFS share is shared with option "rw,no_root_squash,async",
> however, on the client side, files from both the root and me are mapped
> as uid/gid of 4294967294/4294967294.
>
> Both the root id and my id are the same on both client server.
> What could be wrong?

Is this NFSv3 or v4?

If it's v3, nothing special happens; you should get the same UIDs
on the client as found on the server.

If it's v4, it does mapping between the user IDs on the client and
server using the "nfsidmap" daemon. I've see the screwy ID issue
as above before. Basically, you need to ensure that it's enabled
on both the client and server (edit /etc/default/nfsxxx) and that
the domain is the same between the two as well.

Roger

--
.'`. Roger Leigh

Old 03-06-2011, 07:16 AM
Tom H

On Sat, Mar 5, 2011 at 2:38 PM, T o n g <mlist4suntong@yahoo.com> wrote:

> My /export NFS share is shared with option "rw,no_root_squash,async",
> however, on the client side, files from both the root and me are mapped
> as uid/gid of 4294967294/4294967294.
>
> Both the root id and my id are the same on both client server.

Make sure that the "Domain" value in "/etc/idmapd.conf" on both boxes
is the same.

Old 03-08-2011, 06:57 AM
Alex Mestiashvili