Old 03-05-2011, 09:53 AM
Πρεκατές Αλέξανδρος

Default regarding fglrx installation in squeeze.

I followed the steps in :
http://wiki.debian.org/ATIProprietary
and it was successfull.
But
# modprobe -r radeon drm
didnt work .

So is this step necessary , since when we reboot those modules are not there.?

aprekates

Old 03-05-2011, 09:58 AM
Andrei Popescu

On Sb, 05 mar 11, 12:53:03, *ρεκατ*ς Αλ*ξανδρος wrote:
> I followed the steps in :
> http://wiki.debian.org/ATIProprietary
> and it was successfull.
> But
> # modprobe -r radeon drm
> didnt work .
>
> So is this step necessary , since when we reboot those modules are not there.?

This step is necessary so that you can switch to fglrx *without
rebooting*, because on the next reboot there will already be other
mechanisms in place to prevent those modules from loading at all.

Hope this answers your question,
Andrei