Old 03-05-2011, 01:42 AM
S D

Default KDE4 taskbar: Is there a way to show apps only from the current workspace?

Hi,

I'm runing squeeze with 4 workspaces (or virtual desktops), and I would like apps that were open in the current workspace to NOT show on the taskbar in other workspaces. Currently, regardless of what workspace I'm switching to, the taskbar shows apps from ALL workspaces.

I've looked and looked, can't find a way to do that.

Thanks

# uname -a
Linux testbox 2.6.32-5-amd64 #1 SMP Wed Jan 12 03:40:32 UTC 2011 x86_64 GNU/Linux

Old 03-05-2011, 03:21 AM
GeraldCC

On Saturday 05 March 2011 12:42:02 S D wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm runing squeeze with 4 workspaces (or virtual desktops), and I would
> like apps that were open in the current workspace to NOT show on the
> taskbar in other workspaces. Currently, regardless of what workspace I'm
> switching to, the taskbar shows apps from ALL workspaces.
>
> I've looked and looked, can't find a way to do that.
>
> Thanks
>

> # uname -a
> Linux testbox 2.6.32-5-amd64 #1 SMP Wed Jan 12 03:40:32 UTC 2011 x86_64
> GNU/Linux
Smooth tasks settimgs in kde4.
Gerald

Old 03-05-2011, 03:46 AM
Carl Johnson

S D <sundimi@yahoo.com> writes:

> Hi,
>
> I'm runing squeeze with 4 workspaces (or virtual desktops), and I
> would like apps that were open in the current workspace to NOT show on
> the taskbar in other workspaces. Currently, regardless of what
> workspace I'm switching to, the taskbar shows apps from ALL
> workspaces.
>
> I've looked and looked, can't find a way to do that.
>
> Thanks
>

> # uname -a
> Linux testbox 2.6.32-5-amd64 #1 SMP Wed Jan 12 03:40:32 UTC 2011
> x86_64 GNU/Linux

Try a right click on the panel, then select "Task Manager Settings".
There is a selection box near the bottom under "Filters".

--
Carl Johnson carlj@peak.org

Old 03-05-2011, 04:38 AM
S D

--- On Sat, 3/5/11, Carl Johnson <carlj@peak.org> wrote:

> Try a right click on the panel, then select "Task Manager
> Settings".
> There is a selection box near the bottom under "Filters".

Thanks, it worked. The trick was to close all apps to do a RMB click on the panel.