Old 03-04-2011, 10:25 PM
"J.Hwan.Kim"

Default How to recover file system of EXT3 ?

Hi, everyone

When I copied a file with Korean name, the file system might be broken.
The size of copied file is displayed as Tera bytes.
My filesystem is ETX3.
How can I recover the filesystem of ETX3?

Thanks in advance.

Best Regards,
J.Hwan Kim

Archive: 4D717503.2000908@gmail.com">http://lists.debian.org/4D717503.2000908@gmail.com

Old 03-04-2011, 10:42 PM
Ron Johnson

When I copied a file with Korean name, the file system might be broken.
The size of copied file is displayed as Tera bytes.
My filesystem is ETX3.
How can I recover the filesystem of ETX3?

Have you dismounted the partition and run fsck on it?

(You will probably have to reboot with a Live CD in order to do so.)

--
I prefer banana-flavored energy bars made from tofu.

Archive: 4D7178DE.2090800@cox.net">http://lists.debian.org/4D7178DE.2090800@cox.net

Old 03-05-2011, 11:16 AM
Camaleón

On Sat, 05 Mar 2011 08:25:55 +0900, J.Hwan.Kim wrote:

> When I copied a file with Korean name, the file system might be broken.
> The size of copied file is displayed as Tera bytes. My filesystem is
> ETX3.
> How can I recover the filesystem of ETX3?

How did you reach the concluison that your filesystem may be broken? How
did you checked the size of the file ("ls", "stat"...)? Are you seeing
any errors on dmesg, when booting or mounting and reading/writing into
the mentioned partition? Is it a system volume or data partition?

Before thinking in recovery options I would investigate a bit more about
that filename and its reported wrong size :-?

Greetings,

--
Camaleón