Old 03-04-2011, 07:03 AM
Alan Chandler

Default Flash video stopped working

I have just noticed that over the past couple of days flash video has
stopped working. Mainly noticed at youtube

Video starts up OK, but then suddenly it jumps into a sort of two color
mode - the video is vaguely there, but its all mostly one color (black)
with occassional one other color (I have had purple, red etc) displaying
some small recognisable part of the video.

Once this has happened in the browser, stopping the entire browser fixes
it. It happens in both Chrome and Iceweasel.

I tried dpkg-reconfigure flashplugin-nonfree which downloaded flash
again, but it didn't make any difference.

I don't see lots of comments on here - which presumably implies that I
am the only one seeing the problem. Any ideas what it could be.

--
Alan Chandler
http://www.chandlerfamily.org.uk

Archive: 4D709CE0.5050709@chandlerfamily.org.uk">http://lists.debian.org/4D709CE0.5050709@chandlerfamily.org.uk

Old 03-04-2011, 07:34 AM
Thierry Chatelet

Need more information on your system: stable, testing..., 32/64 bits....
Thierry

Old 03-04-2011, 07:55 AM
Andrei Popescu

On Vi, 04 mar 11, 08:03:44, Alan Chandler wrote:
> I have just noticed that over the past couple of days flash video
> has stopped working. Mainly noticed at youtube
>
> Video starts up OK, but then suddenly it jumps into a sort of two
> color mode - the video is vaguely there, but its all mostly one
> color (black) with occassional one other color (I have had purple,
> red etc) displaying some small recognisable part of the video.
>
> Once this has happened in the browser, stopping the entire browser
> fixes it. It happens in both Chrome and Iceweasel.
>
> I tried dpkg-reconfigure flashplugin-nonfree which downloaded flash
> again, but it didn't make any difference.
>
> I don't see lots of comments on here - which presumably implies that
> I am the only one seeing the problem. Any ideas what it could be.

Do you have gnash installed?

Regards,
Andrei

Old 03-04-2011, 12:58 PM
Alan Chandler

Need more information on your system: stable, testing..., 32/64 bits....
Thierry

Sorry, yes - its basically unstable with a few bits from Experimental.
All 32bits.

See also comments about gnash below

--

Archive: 4D70F013.6070605@chandlerfamily.org.uk">http://lists.debian.org/4D70F013.6070605@chandlerfamily.org.uk