Old 03-03-2011, 03:42 PM
L V Gandhi

Default Capital letters replaced with indian rupee font in openoffice.org in squeeze.

All capital letters in menu, tabs, column numbers are replaced with Indian rupee font in my openoffice.org.* How to normalize it?
--

L V Gandhi

Old 03-03-2011, 04:32 PM
Camaleón

On Thu, 03 Mar 2011 22:12:32 +0530, L V Gandhi wrote:

> All capital letters in menu, tabs, column numbers are replaced with
> Indian rupee font in my openoffice.org. How to normalize it?

You mean in the UI (user interface) or inside the document content?

Which DE/window manager are you using, KDE, GNOME, another (which one)...?

Greetings,

--
Camaleón

Old 03-03-2011, 05:52 PM
L V Gandhi

Sorry for personal mail. Problem of gmail.
Thanks for the response. User interface like capital letters in menu,
tab title, column heading numbers are replaced with rupee font in KDE. I
also have gtk-qt-engine installed.

Archive: http://lists.debian.org/pan.2011.03.03.17.32.21@gmail.com

--
L V Gandhi

Old 03-03-2011, 06:13 PM
Camaleón

On Fri, 04 Mar 2011 00:22:49 +0530, L V Gandhi wrote:

> On Thu, Mar 3, 2011 at 11:02 PM, Camaleón wrote:
>
>> On Thu, 03 Mar 2011 22:12:32 +0530, L V Gandhi wrote:
>>
>> > All capital letters in menu, tabs, column numbers are replaced with
>> > Indian rupee font in my openoffice.org. How to normalize it?
>>
>> You mean in the UI (user interface) or inside the document content?
>>
>> Which DE/window manager are you using, KDE, GNOME, another (which
>> one)...?

> Sorry for personal mail. Problem of gmail.

Gmail's webmail users have to care about that ;-)

> Thanks for the response. User interface like capital letters in menu,
> tab title, column heading numbers are replaced with rupee font in KDE.
> I also have gtk-qt-engine installed.

Can you upload a snaphot (image) of your OpenOffice screen so we can see
the effect? You can upload the picture to www.picpaste.com and send the
link here.

Ttwo more questions:

1/ Does the same happen with the rest of the applications or just with
OOo?

2/ Try to rename the OpenOffice folder of your user's profile to start
with an empty layout. OOo's profile should be under "~/.openoffice.org2"
or something similar, so you can just rename it to
"~/.openoffice.org2_original" and after that, lauch OOo. It will create a
new folder.

Greetings,

--
Camaleón

Old 03-03-2011, 09:33 PM
L V Gandhi

It happens only in oo.
I have done as you said deleting the .openoffice org folder. After that also same problem.
Picture url is as below.
http://www.picpaste.com/openofficeproblem-tSjCLue2.png

Archive: http://lists.debian.org/pan.2011.03.03.19.13.25@gmail.com

--
L V Gandhi

Old 03-04-2011, 09:52 AM
Camaleón

On Fri, 04 Mar 2011 04:03:57 +0530, L V Gandhi wrote:

(...)

>> Can you upload a snaphot (image) of your OpenOffice screen so we can
>> see the effect? You can upload the picture to www.picpaste.com and send
>> the link here.
>>
>> Ttwo more questions:
>>
>> 1/ Does the same happen with the rest of the applications or just with
>> OOo?
>>
>> 2/ Try to rename the OpenOffice folder of your user's profile to start
>> with an empty layout. OOo's profile should be under
>> "~/.openoffice.org2" or something similar, so you can just rename it to
>> "~/.openoffice.org2_original" and after that, lauch OOo. It will create
>> a new folder.

> It happens only in oo.

Okay.

> I have done as you said deleting the .openoffice org folder.

I did not say "deleting" but "renaming" (if you delete the folder, you
lose all your OOo customizations, layourts, templates...).

> After that also same problem.
> Picture url is as below.
> http://www.picpaste.com/openofficeproblem-tSjCLue2.png

Thanks!

Ugh... I see. I would try these steps:

1/ Open any OOo application and go to "Tools > Options > OOo.org > View"
and check/uncheck "[·] using system font" setting.

2/ Test with another system UI font (in GNOME this can be changed from
"System > Preferences > Appearance > Fonts").

3/ Just in case, create a new system user, open a session with it and see
if the same happens from here.

If none of these make any difference you can start thinking in opening a
bug report. Are you using OpenOffice or LibreOffice? :-?

Greetings,

--
Camaleón

Old 03-04-2011, 05:54 PM
L V Gandhi

First two options did not help.
I added new user and from that user this problem was not there. Openoffice.org opened normal.
Then how to diagnose the problem?

>> Can you upload a snaphot (image) of your OpenOffice screen so we can

>> see the effect? You can upload the picture to www.picpaste.com and send

>> the link here.

>> Ttwo more questions:

>> 1/ Does the same happen with the rest of the applications or just with

>> OOo?

>> 2/ Try to rename the OpenOffice folder of your user's profile to start

>> with an empty layout. OOo's profile should be under

>> "~/.openoffice.org2" or something similar, so you can just rename it to

>> "~/.openoffice.org2_original" and after that, lauch OOo. It will create

>> a new folder.

> It happens only in oo.

Okay.

Archive: http://lists.debian.org/pan.2011.03.04.10.52.08@gmail.com

--
L V Gandhi

Old 03-04-2011, 06:40 PM
Camaleón

On Sat, 05 Mar 2011 00:24:30 +0530, L V Gandhi wrote:

> On Fri, Mar 4, 2011 at 4:22 PM, Camaleón wrote:

(...)

>> 3/ Just in case, create a new system user, open a session with it and
>> see if the same happens from here.
>>
>> If none of these make any difference you can start thinking in opening
>> a bug report. Are you using OpenOffice or LibreOffice? :-?

> First two options did not help.
> I added new user and from that user this problem was not there.
> Openoffice.org opened normal.
> Then how to diagnose the problem?

Hard to tell... I can think in two possible "culprits":

1/ User's desktop environment (GNOME, KDE...) settings
2/ Font config/cache

For 1/ you can try by "renaming" (*be very careful* here, I said "rename"
not delete ;-) ) your GNOME's user profile, as this will regenerate all
your current user's settings and configuration. The said folder in GNOME
it should be under "~/.gnome2" and "~/.gnome". In KDE I can't tell for
sure.

To check 2/ maybe you can refresh the fonts cache by running "fc-cache -
fv" command but to be sincere, I'm not sure if that can be of any help
for your problem.

Note that both approaches are more "a shoot in the dark" than anything
else. Maybe someone can tell you any other trick to bypass your OOo's
font problem now that you have identified the source of the error.

Greetings,

--
Camaleón

Old 03-04-2011, 06:51 PM
L V Gandhi

I have KDE. not gnome.
fccache -fv has not helped.

Archive: http://lists.debian.org/pan.2011.03.04.19.40.54@gmail.com

--
L V Gandhi

Old 03-04-2011, 07:13 PM
Camaleón

On Sat, 05 Mar 2011 01:21:15 +0530, L V Gandhi wrote:

> On Sat, Mar 5, 2011 at 1:10 AM, Camaleón wrote:

>> 1/ User's desktop environment (GNOME, KDE...) settings 2/ Font
>> config/cache
>>
>> For 1/ you can try by "renaming" (*be very careful* here, I said
>> "rename" not delete ;-) ) your GNOME's user profile, as this will
>> regenerate all your current user's settings and configuration. The said
>> folder in GNOME it should be under "~/.gnome2" and "~/.gnome". In KDE I
>> can't tell for sure.
>>
>> To check 2/ maybe you can refresh the fonts cache by running "fc-cache
>> - fv" command but to be sincere, I'm not sure if that can be of any
>> help for your problem.
>>
>> Note that both approaches are more "a shoot in the dark" than anything
>> else. Maybe someone can tell you any other trick to bypass your OOo's
>> font problem now that you have identified the source of the error.

> I have KDE. not gnome.
> fccache -fv has not helped.

That should be "fc-cache -fv" (with the dash "-").

Okay, then you'll have to find out in which folder(s) does KDE (3 or 4?)
store the user's profile settings and try by renaming it :-?

Greetings,

--
Camaleón