-   -   counter strike (http://www.linux-archive.org/debian-user/496576-counter-strike.html)

Alex PADOLY 03-03-2011 08:11 AM

counter strike

Hello,

I would like to know How I can play to counter strike on Debian 6.0.
Thanks.
Regards.
Alex PADOLY

Sven Hoexter 03-03-2011 08:53 AM

counter strike

On Thu, Mar 03, 2011 at 10:11:50AM +0100, Alex PADOLY wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I would like to know How I can play to counter strike on Debian 6.0.

That requires wine nit Squeeze ships with wine 1.0 and according to
http://appdb.winehq.org/objectManager.php?sClass=version&iId=3731
wine 1.3 has improved it a lot. So you've to compile that from source
for now.

Sven
--
And I don't know much, but I do know this:
With a golden heart comes a rebel fist.

"tv.debian@googlemail.com" 03-03-2011 09:29 AM

counter strike

On the 03/03/2011 10:53, Sven Hoexter wrote:
> On Thu, Mar 03, 2011 at 10:11:50AM +0100, Alex PADOLY wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> I would like to know How I can play to counter strike on Debian 6.0.
>
> That requires wine nit Squeeze ships with wine 1.0 and according to
> http://appdb.winehq.org/objectManager.php?sClass=version&iId=3731
> wine 1.3 has improved it a lot. So you've to compile that from source
> for now.
>
> Sven

Hello, I am not familiar with "counter strike", but you can find the
latest wine in a repository for Debian, follow instruction from

http://www.winehq.org/download/deblenny

You'll find instructions for Squeeze too. This packages are NOT from
Debian, you'll have to trust the wine guys to not trash your system.

The same website hosts an applications database with their level of
support in wine, quirks necessary to get it running, and so on.

http://appdb.winehq.org/

Scott Ferguson 03-03-2011 11:12 AM

counter strike

On 03/03/11 20:11, Alex PADOLY wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I would like to know How I can play to counter strike on Debian 6.0.
> Thanks.
> Regards.
> Alex PADOLY
>

> Pieddemail
> <https://compte.laposte.net/inscription/index.do?jeux=2011FOOTER_generique>

Apparently PlayOnLinux does the job
http://www.playonlinux.com/en

On me dit PlayOnLinux Ĺ“uvres
http://www.playonlinux.com/fr

Cheers

Alberto Luaces 03-03-2011 11:17 AM

counter strike

Alex PADOLY writes:

> Hello,
>
> I would like to know How I can play to counter strike on Debian 6.0.
> Thanks.

Alex, get used to search for answers to the questions you already posted
in the past:

Alberto

Paul Johnson 03-03-2011 10:54 PM

counter strike

On 03/03/2011 03:53 AM, Sven Hoexter wrote:
> On Thu, Mar 03, 2011 at 10:11:50AM +0100, Alex PADOLY wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> I would like to know How I can play to counter strike on Debian 6.0.
>
> That requires wine nit Squeeze ships with wine 1.0 and according to
> http://appdb.winehq.org/objectManager.php?sClass=version&iId=3731
> wine 1.3 has improved it a lot. So you've to compile that from source
> for now.

One thing I'm having difficulties with trying to get CounterStrike up
and running is that Steam never draws a window...