Old 03-02-2011, 06:08 PM
"mike cutie and maia"

Default question about mysql sintax

hi,
*
when I enter this to create a database for my mail server I get errors here is the code followed bye the error
*
mysql> GRANT SELECT ON mailserver.*
****** TO 'mailuser'@'127.0.0.1'
****** IDENTIFIED BY 'mailuser2009';
Query OK, 0 rows affected (0.00 sec)
mysql> flush privileges;
Query OK, 0 rows affected (0.00 sec)
mysql> exit
Bye
*
*
ERROR 1054 (42000): You have an error in your SQL syntsx; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near ‘mysql> GRANT SELECT ON
Mailserver.*
TO ‘mailuser’@’127.0.0.1’
IDENTIFIED BY ‘mai’ at line 1
Mysql>
*
I am using the version from sid

Old 03-03-2011, 10:52 AM
Darac Marjal

On Wed, Mar 02, 2011 at 01:08:49PM -0600, mike cutie and maia wrote:
> hi,
>
> *
>
> when I enter this to create a database for my mail server I get errors
> here is the code followed bye the error
>
> *
>
> mysql> GRANT SELECT ON mailserver.*
> ****** TO 'mailuser'@'127.0.0.1'
> ****** IDENTIFIED BY 'mailuser2009';
>
> Query OK, 0 rows affected (0.00 sec)
>
> mysql> flush privileges;
> Query OK, 0 rows affected (0.00 sec)
>
> mysql> exit
>
> Bye
>
> *
>
> *
>
> ERROR 1054 (42000): You have an error in your SQL syntsx; check the manual
^ This is
either a typo
or evidence
of a corrupt
MySQL
> that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use
> near ‘mysql> GRANT SELECT ON

You appear to have included the "mysql>" prompt in your SQL command. Try
just the following two lines:

GRANT SELECT ON mailserver.* TO 'mailuser'@'127.0.0.1' IDENTIFIED BY
'mailuser2009';
FLUSH PRIVILEGES;