Old 03-02-2011, 04:43 PM
Mathieu Malaterre

Default VMware Workstation

I tried vmware once. When I realized the script needed root power, I stopped.

I moved to VirtualBox without regret so far. The version in debian
does not have USB & rdesktop, but that was not on my requirement.

VirtualBox support most images, but you can always use qemu to convert
your vmware to virtualbox images.

Watch out that for 6'bits sytem you need VT-x on Intel, one way to
know is executing this from a shell:

$ egrep '(vmx|svm)' /proc/cpuinfo

HTH

--