-   -   How do I get this dialog back? (http://www.linux-archive.org/debian-user/495731-how-do-i-get-dialog-back.html)

Igor Sverkos 03-01-2011 01:52 PM

How do I get this dialog back?

Hi,

while upgrading from Lenny to Squeeze, I got this dialog:

http://f.666kb.com/i/breb9xzqa8abc1ls7.jpg

I am asking myself, how do I get this dialog back again (for example,
when I want to add another service, which should be restarted, when libc
got updated...).

Igor

Hugo Vanwoerkom 03-01-2011 02:21 PM

How do I get this dialog back?

Igor Sverkos wrote:

Hi,

while upgrading from Lenny to Squeeze, I got this dialog:

http://f.666kb.com/i/breb9xzqa8abc1ls7.jpg

I am asking myself, how do I get this dialog back again (for example,
when I want to add another service, which should be restarted, when libc
got updated...).

[OT] How did you get that image, with a camera?

Archive: ikj2uj$451$1@dough.gmane.org">http://lists.debian.org/ikj2uj$451$1@dough.gmane.org

Jonathan Matthews 03-01-2011 02:49 PM

How do I get this dialog back?

On 1 March 2011 15:21, Hugo Vanwoerkom <hvw59601@care2.com> wrote:
> Igor Sverkos wrote:
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> while upgrading from Lenny to Squeeze, I got this dialog:
>>
>> http://f.666kb.com/i/breb9xzqa8abc1ls7.jpg
>>
>> I am asking myself, how do I get this dialog back again (for example,
>> when I want to add another service, which should be restarted, when libc
>> got updated...).

You don't need to get it back. It's just asking you "during this
install, given that I'm upgrading libc, which services shall I restart
to complete the upgrade?". To "add to this list", just manually
restart the service now with "service foobar restart" or
"/etc/init.d/foobar restart".

> [OT] How did you get that image, with a camera?

Looks like a screenshot of a putty session running on a vista machine to me.

Jonathan
--
Jonathan Matthews
London, UK

Lorenzo Beretta 03-01-2011 02:49 PM

How do I get this dialog back?

while upgrading from Lenny to Squeeze, I got this dialog:

http://f.666kb.com/i/breb9xzqa8abc1ls7.jpg

I am asking myself, how do I get this dialog back again (for example,
when I want to add another service, which should be restarted, when libc
got updated...).

when you upgrade your libc

[OT] How did you get that image, with a camera?

look carefully, it's a PuTTY session ==> ...

Archive: 4d6d1598$0$1366$4fafbaef@reader1.news.tin.it">http ://lists.debian.org/4d6d1598$0$1366$4fafbaef@reader1.news.tin.it

"Boyd Stephen Smith Jr." 03-01-2011 02:55 PM

How do I get this dialog back?

On 2011-03-01 08:52:04 Igor Sverkos wrote:
>http://f.666kb.com/i/breb9xzqa8abc1ls7.jpg
>
>I am asking myself, how do I get this dialog back again (for example,
>when I want to add another service, which should be restarted, when libc
>got updated...).

It should actually prompt you next time as well. Its using the debconf
interface, but I don't believe this actually gets persisted in the debconf
database and reused on later installs.

You could always try (dpkg-reconfigure libc6) as root, though. That should
re-ask all the questions for values stored in the debconf database for that
package.
--
Boyd Stephen Smith Jr. ,= ,-_-. =.
bss@iguanasuicide.net ((_/)o o(\_))

Igor Sverkos 03-01-2011 03:08 PM

How do I get this dialog back?

Hi,

Hugo Vanwoerkom wrote:
> [OT] How did you get that image, with a camera?

See the window title: It's a putty [1] window and the screenshot was
taken on a Windows system...

See also:
=========
[1] http://www.chiark.greenend.org.uk/~sgtatham/putty/

Igor

Igor Sverkos 03-01-2011 03:45 PM

How do I get this dialog back?

Hi,

Jonathan Matthews wrote:
> You don't need to get it back. It's just asking you "during this
> install, given that I'm upgrading libc, which services shall I restart
> to complete the upgrade?". To "add to this list", just manually
> restart the service now with "service foobar restart" or
> "/etc/init.d/foobar restart".

Ah ok. It was just a temporary question for the current operation. So
next time, libc will be upgraded, I will get this dialog again? OK,
fine. Thank you!

I thought that this answer would be saved somewhere and will be used in
future...

Igor