Old 02-28-2011, 04:30 PM
Jason Hsu

Default How do you clone a server hard drive from another computer?

I understand that there are programs like partimage that can be used to clone a hard drive. But if I use a live CD to clone a server, I have to interrupt its operation. Thus, I need a way to clone the server remotely.

So how do I clone the server hard drive from another computer?

--
Jason Hsu <jhsu802701@jasonhsu.com>

Old 02-28-2011, 04:33 PM
Camaleón

On Mon, 28 Feb 2011 11:30:03 -0600, Jason Hsu wrote:

> I understand that there are programs like partimage that can be used to
> clone a hard drive. But if I use a live CD to clone a server, I have to
> interrupt its operation. Thus, I need a way to clone the server
> remotely.
>
> So how do I clone the server hard drive from another computer?

It is better doing such operations off-line (using clonezilla or similar).

Anyway, you can always use "rsync".

Greetings,

--
Camaleón