Old 02-27-2011, 10:32 PM
Atif CEYLAN

Default squeeze and touchpad

Hi all,
I bought a new packard bell easynote lm98 laptop.

synaptics and related packages are installed on my squeeze but my
touchpad's name is shown as "Macintosh mouse button emulation" and my
keyboard's name is shown as "AT Translated Set 2 keyboard" in the
"dmesg | egrep -i 'input|touch|track" output. Which drivers or packages
should i install for keyboard and touchpad configurations?

thanks,

--
/**
* @author Atıf CEYLAN

Old 02-28-2011, 11:20 AM
Camaleón

On Mon, 28 Feb 2011 01:32:48 +0200, Atif CEYLAN wrote:

> I bought a new packard bell easynote lm98 laptop.
>
> synaptics and related packages are installed on my squeeze but my
> touchpad's name is shown as "Macintosh mouse button emulation" and my
> keyboard's name is shown as "AT Translated Set 2 keyboard" in the
> "dmesg | egrep -i 'input|touch|track" output. Which drivers or packages
> should i install for keyboard and touchpad configurations?

Mine also:

sm01@stt008:~$ dmesg | egrep -i 'input|touch|track'
[ 0.773977] input: Macintosh mouse button emulation as /class/input/input0
[ 0.823350] input: AT Translated Set 2 keyboard as /class/input/input1
[ 9.139573] input: Power Button (FF) as /class/input/input2
[ 9.486538] input: Power Button (CM) as /class/input/input3
[ 9.515542] input: PC Speaker as /class/input/input4
[ 12.045367] input: ImPS/2 Generic Wheel Mouse as /class/input/input5

And this is a workstation with Cherry keyboard and MS mouse :-)

I wouldn't mind about that, unless you have another problem with your
input devices.

Greetings,

--
Camaleón