-   -   havp package missing in squeeze (http://www.linux-archive.org/debian-user/494970-havp-package-missing-squeeze.html)

"Edward C. Lang" 02-27-2011 09:56 PM

havp package missing in squeeze

Hi,

Does anyone know the status of the package havp for squeeze? The package
seems to be abandoned by the maintainer as the last two updates were
NMUs:

http://packages.debian.org/changelogs/pool/main/h/havp/havp_0.91-1.2/changelog

http://lists.debian.org/debian-release/2010/10/msg01172.html

Aside from the translation issues were there any other known reasons why
this package wasn't included in squeeze? The open grave bug, and open
serious bug were supposedly fixed in various uploads.

Regards,

Edward.

--

http://edlang.org/

Camaleón 02-28-2011 11:13 AM

On Mon, 28 Feb 2011 09:56:33 +1100, Edward C. Lang wrote:

> Does anyone know the status of the package havp for squeeze? The package
> seems to be abandoned by the maintainer as the last two updates were
> NMUs:
>
> http://packages.debian.org/changelogs/pool/main/h/havp/havp_0.91-1.2/changelog
>
> http://lists.debian.org/debian-release/2010/10/msg01172.html
>
> Aside from the translation issues were there any other known reasons why
> this package wasn't included in squeeze? The open grave bug, and open
> serious bug were supposedly fixed in various uploads.

It was removed from squeeze:

http://packages.qa.debian.org/h/havp/news/20100812T163912Z.html

But it is now in sid, so it should reach testing. For stable, I dunno :-?

Greetings,

--
Camaleón