-   -   Debian Squeeze Dovecot Sieve (http://www.linux-archive.org/debian-user/494449-debian-squeeze-dovecot-sieve.html)

Michael 02-26-2011 04:06 PM

Debian Squeeze Dovecot Sieve

Anyone got any pointers on installing sieve on Squeeze?
I downloaded the tarball, and tried to install it, it asked for the
config file for dovecot, but will not accept /etc/dovecot as a source
for dovecot.conf

Is it a case of forgetting about Debians install, and installing the
whole of dovecot from source?

Any help Appreciated
--
Michael <michael@thompsonmike.me.uk>

Erwan David 02-26-2011 07:29 PM

On 26/02/11 18:06, Michael wrote:
> Anyone got any pointers on installing sieve on Squeeze?
> I downloaded the tarball, and tried to install it, it asked for the
> config file for dovecot, but will not accept /etc/dovecot as a source
> for dovecot.conf
>
> Is it a case of forgetting about Debians install, and installing the
> whole of dovecot from source?
>
> Any help Appreciated

Sieve is a language and the dovecot plugin implementing it, is already
in squeeze

Just enable the sieve plugin in dovecot configuration.

"Boyd Stephen Smith Jr." 02-27-2011 05:40 PM

In <1298740005.3781.4.camel@michael-laptop>, Michael wrote:
>Anyone got any pointers on installing sieve on Squeeze?

The sieve plugin to dovecot is included in the Debian packaging. I used
cmusieve with dovecot in Lenny (through Debian packaging) and I upgrade that
system to Squeeze and migrated to dovecot's native sieve earlier this month.
--
Boyd Stephen Smith Jr. ,= ,-_-. =.
bss@iguanasuicide.net ((_/)o o(\_))