Old 02-06-2008, 11:04 PM
Alex Samad

Default truecrypt 5

Hi

seems like the new version of truecrypt doesn't need any kernel modes, it uses
fuse. The site only has a i386 version and the source doesn't have the file to
make a deb.

so does any one have a deb for amd64
and does this now mean that it can be incorporated into the normal repo's ?

alex

--
<<<<< EVACUATION ROUTE <<<<<

Old 02-07-2008, 12:43 AM
Raj Kiran Grandhi

Alex Samad wrote:

so does any one have a deb for amd64
and does this now mean that it can be incorporated into the normal repo's ?

It is unlikely that truecrypt will be incorporated into the 'main' repo
since its license is incompatible with DFSG.

Atleast till the license issues are sorted out.

I have not tried it yet, but I suppose it should be possible to just
download the source and compile it?

--
Raj Kiran Grandhi

Old 02-07-2008, 01:01 AM
"Alex Samad"

Title: Re: truecrypt 5

Oh did not know about the licensing thing.

As for compiling, well I have run into the wxWidgets 2.8 issue

Alex