Old 02-06-2008, 12:39 PM
luisben

Default LJ4300 & LJ5M Printer Network works only sometimes over Debian 3.0

Hi. I have a HP laseJet 4300 and a HP Laserjet 5M printers connected to our
corporative network and their computers sometimes print their works normally
and sometimes user have to make their print request twice. In this last case
sometimes they isn't any network or OS response until the second request and
then print oK and sometimes has an error message:

Error in <printer path/printer name> en <XXXX>: Cannot print, They are
several causes for this error:

- Not enough memory
- If you are printing in a network. It's possible because a bad connection
or bad print driver.
- Network computer cable damaged or network printer cable damaged

This error message appears also the first one who I make a print order. The
second one works normally.
This error appears in several applications. The first case is not possible;
I try to reinstall printer driver in some computers without success. network
cables are OK and network connection normally remains during the printing
process.

Most of user computers works with Windows 2003 and both printers are
connected with a HPJetDirect at the same server who works over Debian 3.0
Linux and Samba. When I look into the windows printer queue sometimes the
job appears with "In Queue" Status. Could you help me please?. Do you need
any addicional information for me or for our network manager? I hope an
answer as soon as possible. Very thanks in advance. Best wishes