Old 02-06-2008, 12:19 PM
"narendra sisodiya"

Default Unable to install debian via netinst.iso CD,

Hello,
I am trying to install Debian from this CD
http://cdimage.debian.org/debian-cd/4.0_r2/i386/iso-cd/debian-40r2-i386-netinst.iso

all are going ok, but when we got option for selecting mirror we are unable to install
We have to install from a local server where all there DVD iso images are extracted like there following folder

http://10.64.23.27/asdasd/repo1
http://10.64.23.27/asdasd/repo2
http://10.64.23.27/asdasd/repo3

we are going with manually and giving
hostname as --->*** 10.64.23.27
as path is
asdasd/repo1

but we are getting -- bad archieve

we have to install software while installing Debian

in fact at other system where we have Debian , we have edited some source.lst file , and we are able to install from this local server

please help me....

--
Narendra Sisodiya

Old 02-06-2008, 12:51 PM
"narendra sisodiya"

[...]

Please help me , in this respect,
--
Narendra Sisodiya

Old 02-06-2008, 12:56 PM
Tzafrir Cohen

On Wed, Feb 06, 2008 at 06:49:55PM +0530, narendra sisodiya wrote:
> Hello,
> I am trying to install Debian from this CD
> http://cdimage.debian.org/debian-cd/4.0_r2/i386/iso-cd/debian-40r2-i386-netinst.iso
> all are going ok, but when we got option for selecting mirror we are unable
> to install
>
> We have to install from a local server where all there DVD iso images are
> extracted like there following folder
> http://10.64.23.27/asdasd/repo1
> http://10.64.23.27/asdasd/repo2
> http://10.64.23.27/asdasd/repo3

You're supposed to have just one repository with everything in it.

Can you use those as apt sources (in sources.list)?

> we are going with manually and giving
> hostname as ---> 10.64.23.27
> as path is
> asdasd/repo1
>
> but we are getting -- bad archieve
>
> we have to install software while installing Debian
>
> in fact at other system where we have Debian , we have edited some
> source.lst file , and we are able to install from this local server
>
> please help me....
>
> --
> Narendra Sisodiya

http://tzafrir.org.il | | a Mutt's
tzafrir@cohens.org.il | | best
ICQ# 16849754 | | friend

Old 02-06-2008, 01:01 PM
"narendra sisodiya"

--
Tzafrir Cohen * * * * | tzafrir@jabber.org | VIM is
http://tzafrir.org.il | * * * * * * * * * *| a Mutt's

tzafrir@cohens.org.il | * * * * * * * * * *| *best
ICQ# 16849754 * * * * | * * * * * * * * * *| friend

All 3 Repo are working fine on other system ,, by adding 3 lines in sources,list file

but we have to install using local server while installing,,, rather then getting console and installing many things ,,,,
--
Narendra Sisodiya

Old 02-07-2008, 01:01 AM
Raj Kiran Grandhi

narendra sisodiya wrote:

All 3 Repo are working fine on other system ,, by adding 3 lines in
sources,list file

but we have to install using local server while installing,,, rather
then getting console and installing many things ,,,,

It could be because of the gpg authentication. Try passing the parameter
debian-installer/allow_unauthenticated=true (either =true or =1, not
sure, google it up a bit)

Alternatively, you can use debmirror to set up a partial mirror and get
the gpg authentication mechanism working.

--
Narendra Sisodiya

--
Raj Kiran Grandhi